Friday, October 19, 2012
• Attendance of at least 94%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
1:30PM DISMISSAL TODAY ~ END OF 1ST QUARTER
• When you arrive at school in the mornings, you may only enter the building if you are going to eat breakfast. You must go directly to the cafeteria. Everyone else must remain outside until the 7:50AM bell rings.
• If you need to process with a teacher before school, please go to the cafeteria doors and talk to Mrs. Johnson.
• You must remain in your classroom during the morning announcements and be an active listener so you do not miss important JMS information. Do not ask your teacher if you may leave.
• When passing in the halls or on the stairs, please walk along the right side. Walk quickly and quietly to your class.
• If you must leave a classroom, your teacher must write you a pass. Restroom passes are in your planner.
• If you are still having problems with opening your locker, please ask an adult in the building for help. If you are late for class, you will be marked tardy and will receive consequences.
• Only 2012-2013 8th grade class t-shirts & WEB Leader t-shirts may be worn according to JMS dress code. No "Brew Crew" t-shirts may be worn.
• T-shirts worn under uniform polo shirts must be a uniform shirt color.
• When entering the building after lunch, please do so quietly so as not to disturb other classes in session.
• No hoodies may be worn in the classroom.
• NO sagging!
Happy birthday to .......
Mason J., Kinsey P., Joshua M., Beyounce T., & Dustin J.!
Main Entree: Sloppy Joe's; Spicy Chicken Patties; Mini Corn Dogs; Tator Tots
Please remember your fruit or vegetable so we do not have to stop our lunch line and wait on you!
Monday's Breakfast: Pancakes-on-a-Stick
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Student of the Month Lunch ~ Please let your parents know that because of the 1:30PM dismissal today the lunch shifts will be earlier than normal for the Student of the Month Lunch.
7th Grade - 10:24-10:55AM
6th Grade - 11:02-11:32AM
8th Grade - 11:46AM-12:16PM
• Yearbook ~ The JMS yearbook ~ 2012-2013 A Year to Remember ~ is on sale now. Order yours today! Return your order form and money to Mrs. Nosa in room 215 or order online.
• PBIS Reward Assembly ~ Our 1st PBIS reward assembly will be held on Monday, October 29th & will be staff vs students dodgeball! In order to attend, you may not have any referrals, buddy rooms or tardies through Monday, October 22nd. Participants will be chosen from PRIDE card drawings.
• Lockers ~ You may go to your lockers only before school, before lunch, after lunch, & after school. This includes any student going to gym class. If you choose to go to your lockers at the wrong time, your locker will be booted and you will have to carry ALL of your books ALL day long.
If you go to a buddy room on the day of a game or open gym, you CANNOT attend the game or open gym. This applies to everyone INCLUDING team players!
• 6th Grade Girls' Basketball ~ Games at WMS at 9:30AM Saturday morning.
• 6th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Games at FMS at 8AM on Saturday.
• Springfield Capitals Kids Wrestling Club ~ Springfield Capitals Wrestling Club will be registering wrestlers in grades 1-8 only [ages 7-15; 15 after Sept. 1st] on the following dates:
Monday, October 22, 6:30-7:30PM at LHS Gardner Wrestling Gym
Tuesday, October 23, 6:30-7:30PM at SSHS Lobby
Monday, October 29, 6:30-7:30PM at SHS Cafeteria
Please provide birth certificate copy and $85 registration fee — payment plan available. Checks should be made payable to Springfield Capitals Kids Wrestling Club or SCKWC. Monetary or equipment donations accepted — new/used wrestling shoes, singelets, headgear.
Practices for grades 5-8 will be at LHS Monday & Friday & SHS on Wednesday from 6:30-8:15PM.
Questions? Contact Coach Kinison at 299-1078 or firstname.lastname@example.org
School store is now open daily before 8AM in front of room 114.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!