Wednesday, October 31, 2012
• Attendance of at least 94%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
• When you arrive at school in the mornings, you may only enter the building if you are going to eat breakfast. You must go directly to the cafeteria. Everyone else must remain outside until the 7:50AM bell rings.
• If you need to process with a teacher before school, please go to the cafeteria doors and talk to Mrs. Johnson.
• You must remain in your classroom during the morning announcements and be an active listener so you do not miss important JMS information. Do not ask your teacher if you may leave.
• When passing in the halls or on the stairs, please walk along the right side. Walk quickly and quietly to your class.
• If you must leave a classroom, your teacher must write you a pass. Restroom passes are in your planner.
• If you are still having problems with opening your locker, please ask an adult in the building for help. If you are late for class, you will be marked tardy and will receive consequences.
• Only 2012-2013 8th grade class t-shirts & WEB Leader t-shirts may be worn according to JMS dress code. No "Brew Crew" t-shirts may be worn.
• T-shirts worn under uniform polo shirts must be a uniform shirt color.
• When entering the building after lunch, please do so quietly so as not to disturb other classes in session.
• No hoodies may be worn in the classroom.
• NO sagging!
Happy birthday to .......
Main Entree: Gilardi Cheese Sticks with Sauce; Chicken Strips; Burritos; Refried Beans
Please remember your fruit or vegetable so we do not have to stop our lunch line and wait on you!
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Omelets & Hashbrowns
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Rebecca Caudill ~ This is the last week to sign up for Rebecca Caudill Award program. The last day is November 2nd.
• My Voice™ National Student Mock Election ~ Today, JMS students in Mr. Hamilton's & Mrs. Winters' classes will be given the opportunity to participate in the My Voice™ National Student Mock Election. You will be allowed to cast your vote for the office of President & Vice President of the USA.
• Yearbook ~ The JMS yearbook ~ 2012-2013 A Year to Remember ~ is on sale now. Order yours today! Return your order form and money to Mrs. Nosa in room 215 or order online.
• Canned Food Drive ~ Once again JMS is participating in a canned food drive sponsored by the Salvation Army. 1st hour teachers will begin collecting canned goods on Monday, November 5th. 1st hour teachers will keep track of how many of their 1st hour students participate. The 1st hour class with the highest percentage of participating students will win a pizza party! So, bring in those cans of corn, green beans and soup so your class will be the winning class!
• Lincoln Play Tickets ~ Are you interested in seeing a play also seen by President Obama? The Heaven's Are Hung In Black is a funny, but serious play portraying President Lincoln's life running the country full of turmoil while dealing with the death of his son. The play is set in the oval office and you'll see Lincoln interact with many other historic personalities such as Uncle Tom and Stephen Douglas. Tickets are free and will go quickly! If you would like to see the same play premiered for President Obama, see Mr. Hamilton in room 214.
• Lockers ~ You may go to your lockers only before school, before lunch, after lunch, & after school. This includes any student going to gym class. If you choose to go to your lockers at the wrong time, your locker will be booted and you will have to carry ALL of your books ALL day long.
If you go to a buddy room on the day of a game or open gym, you CANNOT attend the game or open gym. This applies to everyone INCLUDING team players!
• 6th, 7th & 8th Grade Girls' Basketball ~ Practice today from 4-5:15PM.
• 6th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Practice today from 4-5:30PM at CCPA.
• Girls on Track ~ GOT will meet today after school. Ms. Jones & substitute coaches will be supervising. You must be in room 201 by 2:45PM.
School store is now open daily before 8AM in front of room 114.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!