Wednesday, November 7, 2012
• Attendance of at least 94%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
• When you arrive at school in the mornings, you may only enter the building if you are going to eat breakfast. You must go directly to the cafeteria. Everyone else must remain outside until the 7:50AM bell rings.
• If you need to process with a teacher before school, please go to the cafeteria doors and talk to Mrs. Johnson.
• You must remain in your classroom during the morning announcements and be an active listener so you do not miss important JMS information. Do not ask your teacher if you may leave.
• When passing in the halls or on the stairs, please walk along the right side. Walk quickly and quietly to your class.
• If you must leave a classroom, your teacher must write you a pass. Restroom passes are in your planner.
• If you are still having problems with opening your locker, please ask an adult in the building for help. If you are late for class, you will be marked tardy and will receive consequences.
• Only 2012-2013 8th grade class t-shirts & WEB Leader t-shirts may be worn according to JMS dress code. No "Brew Crew" t-shirts may be worn.
• T-shirts worn under uniform polo shirts must be a uniform shirt color.
• When entering the building after lunch, please do so quietly so as not to disturb other classes in session.
• No hoodies may be worn in the classroom.
• NO sagging!
Happy birthday to .......
Main Entree: Bosco Sticks with Sauce; Spicy Chicken Strips; Pepperoni Pizza; Steamed Broccoli; Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Please remember your fruit or vegetable so we do not have to stop our lunch line and wait on you!
Tomorrow's Breakfast: French Toast Sticks
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Yearbook ~ Yearbook club will meet today after school in room 215 from 2:30-4PM.
The JMS yearbook ~ 2012-2013 A Year to Remember ~ is on sale now. Order yours today! Return your order form and money to Mrs. Nosa in room 215 or order online.
• Canned Food Drive ~ Once again JMS is participating in a canned food drive sponsored by the Salvation Army. 1st hour teachers will begin collecting canned goods today. 1st hour teachers will keep track of how many of their 1st hour students participate. The 1st hour class with the highest percentage of participating students will win a pizza party! So, bring in those cans of corn, green beans and soup so your class will be the winning class!
• Reading Night ~ Reading NIght will be November 20th from 5:30-7PM. Reading NIght flyers will be passed out today in all students' Language Arts classes. Please return the flyers by Friday so we can get an accurate count of how many people will be attending.
• Tutorials ~ Tutorials will take place tomorrow afternoon. If you are able to attend an open session, make sure you have at least 3 open sessions in mind & know where you will be going. You MUST carry your planner!
• Prevent Bullying ~ Join the cause to prevent bullying by attending a meeting on Monday, November 19th from 6-7PM at the Boys & Girls Club. There will be a concert after the meeting.
• Picture Retake Day ~ Students and staff members who were not present for picture day on October 4th, are scheduled to take pictures tomorrow. An announcement will be made to send down the students identified on the list according to their grade level. Additionally, students who purchased picture packages that they did not like and have the picture packets with them may come to the gym for picture retakes according to their grade level. If a student does not have the packet at the time their grade level is called down, they will not be allowed to go to the gym. We will not wait for a parent to bring the packet in later. Last, students must wear school uniforms whether they are taking a picture or not. Students who purchased pictures and need to retake pictures may bring a non uniform shirt to change into, but will be required to immediately change back into their uniform shirt.
MOCK ELECTION RESULTS
Our election results are in! 476 JMS students voted in our mock election.
• 6 students voted for Jill Stein who represents the Green Party.
• 7 students voted for Gary Johnson who represents the Libertarian Party.
• 61 students voted for Mitt Romney who represents the Republican Party.
• 402 students voted for Barack Obama who represents the Democratic Party.
Therefore, with 84.45% of the vote, Jefferson Middle School elected President Barack Obama to a second term as President of the United States.
Thank you for your participation!
If you go to a buddy room on the day of a game or open gym, you CANNOT attend the game or open gym. This applies to everyone INCLUDING team players!
• 6th, 7th & 8th Grade Girls' Basketball ~ Practice today from 4-5:15PM at JMS
• 6th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Practice today from 4-5:30PM at CCPA.
• 7th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Practice today from 6-8PM at JMS
• 7th & 8th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ The game originally scheduled for tomorrow has been canceled. The 8th grade team will have practice on Thursday from 6-8PM instead.
School store is now open daily before 8AM in front of room 114. JMS spirit wear can be purchased in room 109 from Mrs. Taylor.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!