Monday, November 19, 2012
• Attendance of at least 94%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
Reading Night is tomorrow night from 5:30-7PM!
• When you arrive at school in the mornings, you may only enter the building if you are going to eat breakfast. You must go directly to the cafeteria. Everyone else must remain outside until the 7:50AM bell rings.
• If you need to process with a teacher before school, please go to the cafeteria doors and talk to Mrs. Johnson.
• You must remain in your classroom during the morning announcements and be an active listener so you do not miss important JMS information. Do not ask your teacher if you may leave.
• When passing in the halls or on the stairs, please walk along the right side. Walk quickly and quietly to your class.
• If you must leave a classroom, your teacher must write you a pass. Restroom passes are in your planner.
• If you are still having problems with opening your locker, please ask an adult in the building for help. If you are late for class, you will be marked tardy and will receive consequences.
• Only 2012-2013 8th grade class t-shirts & WEB Leader t-shirts may be worn according to JMS dress code. No "Brew Crew" t-shirts may be worn.
• T-shirts worn under uniform polo shirts must be a uniform shirt color.
• When entering the building after lunch, please do so quietly so as not to disturb other classes in session.
• No hoodies may be worn in the classroom.
• NO sagging!
Happy birthday to .......
No Birthdays Today
Main Entree: Hot Ham & Cheese; Chicken Patties; Pizza; Baked Beans
Please remember your fruit or vegetable so we do not have to stop our lunch line and wait on you!
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Breakfast Pizza
REVISED BELL SCHEDULE
We have a revised bell schedule that includes an end of lunch bell for each lunch shift.
• 6th grade end of lunch bell rings at 12:06PM
• 7th grade end of lunch bell rings at 11:22AM
• 8th grade end of lunch bell rings at 1:00PM
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• IMSA ~ There will NOT be an IMSA meeting after school today. We will meet next Monday, November 26th.
• Principal's Advisory Council ~ If you are interested in being a member of the Principal's Advisory Council, please pick up an application in room 109. Four students from each grade level will be selected to represent their peers. Regular meetings will be held after school and you will be expected to attend every meeting.
The deadline for submitting applications is November 30th. Selections will be announced by December 10th. The first meeting will be held on December 11th.
• Yearbook ~ The JMS yearbook ~ 2012-2013 A Year to Remember ~ is on sale now. Order yours today! Return your order form and money to Mrs. Nosa in room 215 or order online.
• Canned Food Drive ~ Once again JMS is participating in a canned food drive sponsored by the Salvation Army. 1st hour teachers are keeping track of how many of their 1st hour students participate. The 1st hour class with the highest percentage of participating students will win a pizza party! So, bring in those cans of corn, green beans and soup so your class will be the winning class!
• Reading Night ~ Reading NIght will be tomorrow night from 5:30-7PM.
• Prevent Bullying ~ Join the cause to prevent bullying by attending a meeting on Monday, November 19th from 6-7PM at the Boys & Girls Club. There will be a concert after the meeting.
• United Way ~ Today is the last day for our United Way fundraiser. We have raised $1,156.27 [40% of our goal] so far!
Don't forget to put your Cash for a Cause in your first hour teacher's United Way collection canister.
Teachers ~ please don't forget, today is the last day for you to turn in your pledge forms. Please either put them in Ms. Joost's mailbox or bring them by her room.
If you go to a buddy room on the day of a game or open gym, you CANNOT attend the game or open gym. This applies to everyone INCLUDING team players!
• 7th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Practice today from 4-6PM at JMS.
• 8th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Practice today from 6-8PM at JMS.
• 7th Grade Girls' Basketball ~ Regional basketball game at FMS tonight at 6:30PM. The team bus will leave JMS at 5:30PM. If we win, our next game will be at 6:30PM on Tuesday night.
School store is now open daily before 8AM in front of room 114. JMS spirit wear can be purchased in room 109 from Mrs. Taylor.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!