Tuesday, January 8, 2013
• Attendance of at least 94%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
• When you arrive at school in the mornings, you may only enter the building if you are going to eat breakfast. You must go directly to the cafeteria. Everyone else must remain outside until the 7:50AM bell rings.
• If you need to process with a teacher before school, please go to the cafeteria doors and talk to Mrs. Johnson.
• You must remain in your classroom during the morning announcements and be an active listener so you do not miss important JMS information. Do not ask your teacher if you may leave.
• When passing in the halls or on the stairs, please walk along the right side. Walk quickly and quietly to your class.
• If you must leave a classroom, your teacher must write you a pass. Restroom passes are in your planner.
• Only 2012-2013 8th grade class t-shirts & WEB Leader t-shirts may be worn according to JMS dress code. No "Brew Crew" t-shirts may be worn.
• T-shirts worn under uniform polo shirts must be a uniform shirt color.
• No hoodies may be worn in the classroom.
• NO sagging!
• Rubberbands are not to be carried around with you during school. Consequences will be issued for those who ignore this directive.
• All purses & bags should be kept in your locker. No purses or bags should be carried into the classroom.
• NO gum allowed!
• Students may not have parties and bring snacks unless it is prearranged between the teacher and the parent, if the time for curriculum allows for it, at least a week in advance. We have standards and benchmarks and they have to be met as well as a pacing chart. Please celebrate and party at home.
• Also, decorating of lockers ~ we can't have all of this as it gets torn down & causes debris in the hall.
• Flowers, balloons, etc will be delivered at the end of the day.
Happy birthday to .......
Main Entree: Salisbury Steak; Spicy Chicken Patty Sandwich; Cheeseburger; Mashed Potatoes with Gravy
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Breakfast Wraps
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Beta Club ~ Beta Club will meet on Thursday from 2:45-4PM. All members and sponsors must attend.
Yearbook Club ~ Yearbook Club will meet on Thursday from 2:30-4PM in room 215. All members need to be present.
• 4-H Scholastic Achievement Program ~ The Learning by Doing 4-H Scholars Program will begin Thursday, February 7th at UIS from 6-8PM. This 3-month program is open to all youth from ages 5-18. Parents are responsible for transporting students to and from sessions. Classes will be taught by volunteers and high school students.
Classes offered will be:
Animal Science, Computer Science & Webpage Development, Robotics, and Leadership Developoment.
For more information or an application, see Mr. Klasing.
• Scholastic Bowl ~ The JMS Scholastic Bowl Team list is posted outside of room 113. Congratulations to all new members! Remember ~ our 1st practice is on Tuesday, January 15th at 3:45PM in room 113. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Grace.
• Yearbook ~ The JMS yearbook ~ 2012-2013 A Year to Remember ~ is on sale now. Order yours today! Return your order form and money to Mrs. Nosa in room 215 or order online.
• High School Preview Nights ~ The time is here for 8th graders to go to high school preview nights!
Southeast High School Preview Night - Southeast High School will be hosting Freshman Preview Night on Thursday January 10, 2013. Preview night will begin at 6:30 p.m. and last until around 8:30 p.m. Families will have the opportunity to tour the school and get information about the variety of classes offered in each department. The information provided will assist families in choosing classes for the next school year.
Springfield High School Preview Night - Tuesday, January 15 starting at 6:00 p.m. Springfield High will host a Preview Night for incoming freshmen. We will meet in the auditorium at 6:00 p.m. While in the auditorium, you will have the opportunity to hear from the administration as well as our Boosters and PTO. Immediately following the address, our families will be rotating through six sessions of their choosing. Each session will be ten minutes in length.
• Rebecca Caudill ~ The Rebecca Caudill program grand prize party is February 7th. That is coming very soon. Ms. Whalen knows it has been hard to get the books read and the information in your folders, but there is less than 4 weeks to finish reading and putting the information in your folders in the library. The more Rebecca Caudill books that you read, the better the prizes. This library is open before and after school for you to fill out the forms and check out books. If you have read Caudill books in the classrooms, they count. You still have to come and put that information in your folder. Remember ~ the grand prize party is during your lunch hours on February 7th.
If you go to a buddy room on the day of a game or open gym, you CANNOT attend the game or open gym. This applies to everyone INCLUDING team players!
• 6th Grade Girls' Volleyball ~ Practice has been cancelled for today.
• 7th & 8th Girls' Volleyball ~ Away game today at GMS at 3:30PM.
• 7th & 8th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Home game today at 5:30PM against Quincy.
• SHS Cheerleader Clinic ~ The Springfield High School cheerleaders will be hosting their annual youth cheerleading clinic Saturday, February 2nd. The clinic will be held from 9AM-12PM with check-in beginning at 8:30AM. The event will be held in the SHS annex and gym and the cost is $25 per participant. During the clinic, participants will learn sideline cheers, floor cheers, stunts & will have the opportunity to practice tumbling as well! They will receive a t-shirt and snack at the clinic and are invited to come back and perform between the JV and Varsity boys' basketball games that evening.
In addition to the clinic, the SHS cheerleaders will also be selling previously worn uniforms, pom pons, hair accessories, t-shirts, etc.
School store is now open daily before 8AM in front of room 114. JMS spirit wear can be purchased in room 109 from Mrs. Taylor.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!