Thursday, January 24, 2013
• Attendance of at least 94%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
• When you arrive at school in the mornings, you may only enter the building if you are going to eat breakfast. You must go directly to the cafeteria. Everyone else must remain outside until the 7:50AM bell rings.
• If you need to process with a teacher before school, please go to the cafeteria doors and talk to Mrs. Johnson.
• You must remain in your classroom during the morning announcements and be an active listener so you do not miss important JMS information. Do not ask your teacher if you may leave.
• When passing in the halls or on the stairs, please walk along the right side. Walk quickly and quietly to your class.
• If you must leave a classroom, your teacher must write you a pass. Restroom passes are in your planner.
• Only 2012-2013 8th grade class t-shirts & WEB Leader t-shirts may be worn according to JMS dress code. No "Brew Crew" t-shirts may be worn.
• T-shirts worn under uniform polo shirts must be a uniform shirt color.
• No hoodies may be worn in the classroom.
• NO sagging!
• Rubberbands are not to be carried around with you during school. Consequences will be issued for those who ignore this directive.
• All purses & bags should be kept in your locker. No purses or bags should be carried into the classroom.
• NO gum allowed!
• Students may not have parties and bring snacks unless it is prearranged between the teacher and the parent, if the time for curriculum allows for it, at least a week in advance. We have standards and benchmarks and they have to be met as well as a pacing chart. Please celebrate and party at home.
• Also, decorating of lockers ~ we can't have all of this as it gets torn down & causes debris in the hall.
• Flowers, balloons, etc will be delivered at the end of the day.
Happy birthday to .......
No Birthdays Today
Main Entree: Turkey & Dressing; Grilled Cheese; Hot Dogs; Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Donut Holes
High School Registration
Representatives from the 3 high schools were in our building yesterday. Please remember to return your completed registration form by Friday.
If you have any questions about high school, please have one of your teachers enter the questions on the Google Doc that has been shared with them.
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Show Choir ~ Sign up for Show Choir in room 122! If you like to sing and dance, sign up to join us. See Ms. Harrison if you have more questions.
• WEB Leaders ~ All 8th grade WEB leaders should wear their WEB t-shirts tomorrow for yearbook pictures.
• Beta Club ~ All Beta Club members: If you want to submit a t-shirt design, pick-up the form in room 113. All designs must be submitted by Friday.
• Beta Club ~ Meeting in the library on Monday, January 28th at 2:45PM. All members must attend with parents & sponsors.
• ISAT Survivor Night ~ ISAT Survivor Night is tonight from 5:30-7PM. Dinner will be served promptly at 5:30PM. A lot of fun activities are planned that will prepare you for the upcoming ISATs in March. Plan on coming for food & fun!
• IMSA ~ Meeting will be held on Monday, January 28th after school.
• SSHS Health & Science Academy Applications ~ 8th grade students who attended the SSHS Health & Science Academy presentation last week must submit their completed applications & a typed statement as to why they would like to be considered for the Health & Science Academy to Mrs. Miller by the end of this week. See Mrs. Miller if you need an application.
• Rebecca Caudill ~ The last Rebecca Caudill drawing is February 5th & the Grand Prize party/state vote is during lunch periods on February 7th. The more Rebecca Caudill books you have read & recorded, the better the prizes in the Grand Prize party. Look for your invitation in February!
• 4-H Scholastic Achievement Program ~ The Learning by Doing 4-H Scholars Program will begin Thursday, February 7th at UIS from 6-8PM. This 3-month program is open to all youth from ages 5-18. Parents are responsible for transporting students to and from sessions. Classes will be taught by volunteers and high school students.
Classes offered will be:
Animal Science, Computer Science & Webpage Development, Robotics, and Leadership Developoment.
For more information or an application, see Mr. Klasing.
• Yearbook ~ The JMS yearbook ~ 2012-2013 A Year to Remember ~ is on sale now. Order yours today! Return your order form and money to Mrs. Nosa in room 215 or order online.
• High School Preview Nights ~ The time is here for 8th graders to go to high school preview nights!
Lanphier High School Preview Night ~ Tuesday, February 5th from 6-7:30PM will be Lanphier's preview night in the LHS Commons.
• Kohl's Gotta Dance! ~ St. John's Children's Hospital & Kohl's Cares are sponsoring FREE dance classes for students in grades 6-10. For more information, go to sjchildrens.org
If you go to a buddy room on the day of a game or open gym, you CANNOT attend the game or open gym. This applies to everyone INCLUDING team players!
• 7th/8th Grade Girls' Volleyball ~ Game today at 3:30PM at JMS.
• 7th Grade Boys' Basketball Championship Regional Game ~ 7th grade championship regional game today at 6PM at WMS.
• Springfield Youth Football League ~ 2013 registration date is Saturday, February 2nd from 10:30AM-3PM at Hope Church on Lenhart Road. For more information, go to the Springfield Youth Football League website.
• SHS Cheerleader Clinic ~ The Springfield High School cheerleaders will be hosting their annual youth cheerleading clinic Saturday, February 2nd. The clinic will be held from 9AM-12PM with check-in beginning at 8:30AM. The event will be held in the SHS annex and gym and the cost is $25 per participant. During the clinic, participants will learn sideline cheers, floor cheers, stunts & will have the opportunity to practice tumbling as well! They will receive a t-shirt and snack at the clinic and are invited to come back and perform between the JV and Varsity boys' basketball games that evening.
In addition to the clinic, the SHS cheerleaders will also be selling previously worn uniforms, pom pons, hair accessories, t-shirts, etc.
• Southeast High School Cheer Camp/Clinic ~ Join the SSHS cheerleaders for a cheerleading camp/clinic on Saturday, February 9th. Go to your school's main office, or contact SSHS for details and a registration form.
School store is now open daily before 8AM in front of room 114. JMS spirit wear can be purchased in room 109 from Mrs. Taylor.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!