Friday, February 1, 2013
• Attendance of at least 94%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
• When you arrive at school in the mornings, you may only enter the building if you are going to eat breakfast. You must go directly to the cafeteria. Everyone else must remain outside until the 7:50AM bell rings.
• If you need to process with a teacher before school, please go to the cafeteria doors and talk to Mrs. Johnson.
• You must remain in your classroom during the morning announcements and be an active listener so you do not miss important JMS information. Do not ask your teacher if you may leave.
• When passing in the halls or on the stairs, please walk along the right side. Walk quickly and quietly to your class.
• If you must leave a classroom, your teacher must write you a pass. Restroom passes are in your planner.
• Only 2012-2013 8th grade class t-shirts & WEB Leader t-shirts may be worn according to JMS dress code. No "Brew Crew" t-shirts may be worn.
• T-shirts worn under uniform polo shirts must be a uniform shirt color.
• No hoodies may be worn in the classroom.
• NO sagging!
• Rubberbands are not to be carried around with you during school. Consequences will be issued for those who ignore this directive.
• All purses & bags should be kept in your locker. No purses or bags should be carried into the classroom.
• NO gum allowed!
• Students may not have parties and bring snacks unless it is prearranged between the teacher and the parent, if the time for curriculum allows for it, at least a week in advance. We have standards and benchmarks and they have to be met as well as a pacing chart. Please celebrate and party at home.
• Also, decorating of lockers ~ we can't have all of this as it gets torn down & causes debris in the hall.
• Flowers, balloons, etc will be delivered at the end of the day.
Happy birthday to .......
Jasmine W. & Jamie M.!
AFRICAN AMERICAN HERITAGE QUESTION OF THE DAY
What is the name of the historian who wrote "Created Equal: The Lives and Ideas of Black American Innovators"?
Please fill out the little yellow card in the rear of the cafeteria with your answer and drip it in the answer box.
Main Entree: Grilled Cheese; Spicy Chicken Patties; Mini Corn Dogs; Green Beans
Monday's Breakfast: Breakfast Bagels
Students who haven't turned in their student-led conferences forms should see Mr. Klasing at lunch to get another form. Students that attend conferences will be allowed to dress down so you need to get these forms turned in by next week!
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Rebecca Caudill ~ The last Rebecca Caudill drawing is February 5th & the Grand Prize party/state vote is during lunch periods on February 7th. The more Rebecca Caudill books you have read & recorded, the better the prizes in the Grand Prize party. Look for your invitation in February!
• 4-H Scholastic Achievement Program ~ The Learning by Doing 4-H Scholars Program will begin Thursday, February 7th at UIS from 6-8PM. This 3-month program is open to all youth from ages 5-18. Parents are responsible for transporting students to and from sessions. Classes will be taught by volunteers and high school students.
Classes offered will be:
Animal Science, Computer Science & Webpage Development, Robotics, and Leadership Developoment.
For more information or an application, see Mr. Klasing.
• Yearbook ~ The JMS yearbook ~ 2012-2013 A Year to Remember ~ is on sale now. Order yours today! Return your order form and money to Mrs. Nosa in room 215 or order online.
• High School Preview Nights ~ The time is here for 8th graders to go to high school preview nights!
Lanphier High School Preview Night - Tuesday, February 5th from 6-7:30PM will be Lanphier's preview night in the LHS Commons.
• Kohl's Gotta Dance! ~ St. John's Children's Hospital & Kohl's Cares are sponsoring FREE dance classes for students in grades 6-10. For more information, go to sjchildrens.org
If you go to a buddy room or in-house on the day of a game, you CANNOT attend the game. This applies to everyone INCLUDING team players!
• 7th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ State quarterfinal basketball game Saturday at Normal Kingsley Junior High School at 2:30PM in Bloomington-Normal, Illinois against Champaign Franklin.
• 8th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Congratulations to the 8th grade boys on their win last night in the Regional championship game! The Sectional game will be played on Wednesday, February 6th, at 6PM in Rochester against Decatur Jefferson.
• Springfield Youth Football League ~ 2013 registration date is Saturday, February 2nd from 10:30AM-3PM at Hope Church on Lenhart Road. For more information, go to the Springfield Youth Football League website.
• SHS Cheerleader Clinic ~ The Springfield High School cheerleaders will be hosting their annual youth cheerleading clinic Saturday, February 2nd. The clinic will be held from 9AM-12PM with check-in beginning at 8:30AM. The event will be held in the SHS annex and gym and the cost is $25 per participant. During the clinic, participants will learn sideline cheers, floor cheers, stunts & will have the opportunity to practice tumbling as well! They will receive a t-shirt and snack at the clinic and are invited to come back and perform between the JV and Varsity boys' basketball games that evening.
In addition to the clinic, the SHS cheerleaders will also be selling previously worn uniforms, pom pons, hair accessories, t-shirts, etc.
• Southeast High School Cheer Camp/Clinic ~ Join the SSHS cheerleaders for a cheerleading camp/clinic on Saturday, February 9th. Go to your school's main office, or contact SSHS for details and a registration form.
School store is now open daily before 8AM in front of room 114. JMS spirit wear can be purchased in room 109 from Mrs. Taylor.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!