Wednesday, February 6, 2013
• Attendance of at least 94%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
• When you arrive at school in the mornings, you may only enter the building if you are going to eat breakfast. You must go directly to the cafeteria. Everyone else must remain outside until the 7:50AM bell rings.
• If you need to process with a teacher before school, please go to the cafeteria doors and talk to Mrs. Johnson.
• You must remain in your classroom during the morning announcements and be an active listener so you do not miss important JMS information. Do not ask your teacher if you may leave.
• When passing in the halls or on the stairs, please walk along the right side. Walk quickly and quietly to your class.
• If you must leave a classroom, your teacher must write you a pass. Restroom passes are in your planner.
• Only 2012-2013 8th grade class t-shirts & WEB Leader t-shirts may be worn according to JMS dress code. No "Brew Crew" t-shirts may be worn.
• T-shirts worn under uniform polo shirts must be a uniform shirt color.
• No hoodies may be worn in the classroom.
• NO sagging!
• Rubberbands are not to be carried around with you during school. Consequences will be issued for those who ignore this directive.
• All purses & bags should be kept in your locker. No purses or bags should be carried into the classroom.
• NO gum allowed!
• Students may not have parties and bring snacks unless it is prearranged between the teacher and the parent, if the time for curriculum allows for it, at least a week in advance. We have standards and benchmarks and they have to be met as well as a pacing chart. Please celebrate and party at home.
• Also, decorating of lockers ~ we can't have all of this as it gets torn down & causes debris in the hall.
• Flowers, balloons, etc will be delivered at the end of the day.
• Scarves are not a part of your uniform. Therefore, scarves should not be worn even as a belt.
Happy birthday to .......
AFRICAN AMERICAN HERITAGE QUESTION OF THE DAY
Today's Question: What caused Matthew Henson to become the first person to set foot on the North Pole?
Please fill out the little yellow card in the rear of the cafeteria with your answer and drip it in the answer box.
Yesterday's Question: What did Matthew Henson do?
Answer: Matthew Henson was the first person to set foot on the North Pole.
Main Entree: Soft-Shelled Tacos; Chicken Strips; Gilardi Cheese Sticks; Refried Beans
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Breakfast Wraps
Students who haven't turned in their student-led conferences forms should see Mr. Klasing at lunch to get another form. Students that attend conferences will be allowed to dress down so you need to get these forms turned in by tomorrow!
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• 4-H Scholastic Achievement Program ~ The Learning by Doing 4-H Scholars Program will begin Thursday at UIS from 6-8PM. This 3-month program is open to all youth from ages 5-18. Parents are responsible for transporting students to and from sessions. Classes will be taught by volunteers and high school students.
Classes offered will be:
Animal Science, Computer Science & Webpage Development, Robotics, and Leadership Developoment.
For more information or an application, see Mr. Klasing.
• Yearbook ~ The JMS yearbook ~ 2012-2013 A Year to Remember ~ is on sale now. Order yours today! Return your order form and money to Mrs. Nosa in room 215 or order online.
• Kohl's Gotta Dance! ~ St. John's Children's Hospital & Kohl's Cares are sponsoring FREE dance classes for students in grades 6-10. For more information, go to sjchildrens.org
If you go to a buddy room or in-house on the day of a game, you CANNOT attend the game. This applies to everyone INCLUDING team players!
Any student who wishes to ride a fan bus to Rochester tonight for the 8th grade boys' sectional game should bring $6 and the permission slip as soon as possible. There are only 50 spots available on the bus. Any student sent out of class for any reason this week or if you are in in-house for any reason this week, or anyone with unexcused absences or tardies this week will NOT be allowed to attend the game or ride the fan bus.
• 7th/8th Grade Girls' Volleyball ~ Away game today at 4PM at Blessed Sacrament.
• 8th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ 8th grade boys' Sectional basketball game tonight at 6PM at Rochester.
• Southeast High School Cheer Camp/Clinic ~ Join the SSHS cheerleaders for a cheerleading camp/clinic on Saturday, February 9th. Go to your school's main office, or contact SSHS for details and a registration form.
School store is now open daily before 8AM in front of room 114. JMS spirit wear can be purchased in room 109 from Mrs. Taylor.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!