Thursday, February 7, 2013
• Attendance of at least 94%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
NO SCHOOL ON FRIDAY, MONDAY OR TUESDAY!
• Do NOT let people into the building! You compromise the safety of the entire school. Anyone doing this will be issued severe consequences!
• Scarves are not a part of your uniform. Therefore, scarves should not be worn even as a belt.
We will be participating in the Great Central US ShakeOut this morning at 10:15AM!
Happy birthday to .......
Arrion B., Dyzik R., Miracle W., Myren S., Michael S., Elaine B., Calista P., & Jerresha J.!
AFRICAN AMERICAN HERITAGE QUESTION OF THE DAY
Today's Question: What did Ned invent?
Please fill out the little yellow card in the rear of the cafeteria with your answer and drip it in the answer box.
Yesterday's Question: What caused Matthew Henson to become the first person to set foot on the North Pole?
Answer: Admiral Perry was sick and had frostbite.
Main Entree: Chicken Nuggets; Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese; Homemade Pepperoni Pizza; Carrots
Wednesday's Breakfast: Bagel with Cream Cheese
Student-led conferences will be held on Monday! Please be sure to come with your parents/guardians for your conference on Monday.
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• 4-H Scholastic Achievement Program ~ The Learning by Doing 4-H Scholars Program will begin today at UIS from 6-8PM. This 3-month program is open to all youth from ages 5-18. Parents are responsible for transporting students to and from sessions. Classes will be taught by volunteers and high school students.
Classes offered will be:
Animal Science, Computer Science & Webpage Development, Robotics, and Leadership Developoment.
For more information or an application, see Mr. Klasing.
• Yearbook ~ The JMS yearbook ~ 2012-2013 A Year to Remember ~ is on sale now. Order yours today! Return your order form and money to Mrs. Nosa in room 215 or order online.
• Kohl's Gotta Dance! ~ St. John's Children's Hospital & Kohl's Cares are sponsoring FREE dance classes for students in grades 6-10. For more information, go to sjchildrens.org
If you go to a buddy room or in-house on the day of a game, you CANNOT attend the game. This applies to everyone INCLUDING team players!
• 8th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Congratulations to our 8th grade boys on their Sectional win last night!
• Southeast High School Cheer Camp/Clinic ~ Join the SSHS cheerleaders for a cheerleading camp/clinic on Saturday, February 9th. Go to your school's main office, or contact SSHS for details and a registration form.
School store is now open daily before 8AM in front of room 114. JMS spirit wear can be purchased in room 109 from Mrs. Taylor.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!