Thursday, February 14, 2013
• Attendance of at least 94%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
• Do NOT let people into the building! You compromise the safety of the entire school. Anyone doing this will be issued severe consequences!
• Scarves are not a part of your uniform. Therefore, scarves should not be worn even as a belt.
Happy birthday to .......
No Birthdays Today
AFRICAN AMERICAN HERITAGE QUESTION OF THE DAY
Today's Question: Benjamin Banneker is portrayed writing a letter to which U.S. President?
Please fill out the little yellow card in the rear of the cafeteria with your answer and drip it in the answer box.
Yesterday's Question: Who made the money off of Ned's invention?
Answer: Oscar Stewart, his owner
Hamilton's 2nd vs Winters' 2nd at 9AM
Hemstock's 2nd vs Wells' 2nd at 9:30AM
Winters' 1st vs Hemstock's 1st at 10AM
Wells' 1st vs Hamilton's 1st at 10:30AM
Main Entree: Hamburger Stroganoff; Popcorn Chicken; Sausage Pizza; Corn-on-the-Cob
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Breakfast Rounds
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Yearbook Club ~ Yearbook club will meet today after school in room 215 from 2:30-4PM.
• Scholastic Bowl ~ The first meet is today at 4PM & 6PM. Practice at 2:30PM in room 113 and then set-up. Make sure you have a ride home at 7PM.
• IMSA ~ The next IMSA meeting will be held next week on Wednesday, February 20th.
• Rebecca Caudill ~ JMS' winner for the Rebecca Caudill Award is Love, Aubrey. Thank you for all of you that voted and participated in this year's Rebecca Caudill Award. The winner for the entire stat of Illinois will be announced at the beginning of March. The 2014 Rebecca Caudill Award books will also be available to be checked out starting in March.
• Yearbook ~ The JMS yearbook ~ 2012-2013 A Year to Remember ~ is on sale now. Order yours today! Return your order form and money to Mrs. Nosa in room 215 or order online.
• Kohl's Gotta Dance! ~ St. John's Children's Hospital & Kohl's Cares are sponsoring FREE dance classes for students in grades 6-10. For more information, go to sjchildrens.org
If you go to a buddy room or in-house on the day of a game, you CANNOT attend the game. This applies to everyone INCLUDING team players!
• 7th Grade Boys' Basketball Team ~ All 7th grade boys' basketball players need to stop by Coach Gass's room today!
• 8th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ State Championship game tonight at 7:30PM in Bartonville. Come support our team ~ GOOD LUCK, BOYS!
School store is now open daily before 8AM in front of room 114. JMS spirit wear can be purchased in room 109 from Mrs. Taylor.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!