Friday, February 15, 2013
• Attendance of at least 94%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
• Do NOT let people into the building! You compromise the safety of the entire school. Anyone doing this will be issued severe consequences!
• Scarves are not a part of your uniform. Therefore, scarves should not be worn even as a belt.
Happy birthday to .......
Amy T., Jason S., Ms. Kulavic, Michael E., Brent W., Vivian C., & Autumn H.!
AFRICAN AMERICAN HERITAGE QUESTION OF THE DAY
Today's Question: What did Banneker help to design?
Please fill out the little yellow card in the rear of the cafeteria with your answer and drip it in the answer box.
Yesterday's Question: Benjamin Banneker is portrayed writing a letter to which U.S. President?
Answer: Thomas Jefferson
Hemstock's 3rd vs Hamilton's 3rd @ 9AM
Winters' 3rd vs Wells' 3rd @ 9:30AM
Hamilton's 4th vs Hemstock's 4th @ 10AM
Wells' 4th vs Winters' 4th @ 10:30AM
Main Entree: Catfish Tacos; Hot Dogs; Grilled Cheese; Spicy Chicken Strips; Broccoli Cheese Soup
Monday's Breakfast: Bagels & Cream Cheese
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Scholastic Bowl ~ Congratulations to the JMS Scholastic Bowl Team for a good showing in their first match last night against Riverton and Cathedral!
• IMSA ~ The next IMSA meeting will be held next week on Wednesday, February 20th.
• Yearbook ~ The JMS yearbook ~ 2012-2013 A Year to Remember ~ is on sale now. Order yours today! Return your order form and money to Mrs. Nosa in room 215 or order online.
• Kohl's Gotta Dance! ~ St. John's Children's Hospital & Kohl's Cares are sponsoring FREE dance classes for students in grades 6-10. For more information, go to sjchildrens.org
If you go to a buddy room or in-house on the day of a game, you CANNOT attend the game. This applies to everyone INCLUDING team players!
• 6th Grade Girls' Volleyball ~ Game Saturday at 9:30AM at Ball Charter
• 8th Grade Boys' Basketball ~ Congratulations to the members of the JMS/CCPA 8th grade boy's basketball team on another fantastic season — one that saw them achieve a 25-1 record; one in which they were the champions of the Gym Holiday Tournament, the Regional and Sectional Tournaments, and the State Runner-Up for IESA class 4-A. East St. Louis Lincoln was able to do what no other team in the state in the last two years has been able to do. Great job, boys — we are proud of you!
School store is now open daily before 8AM in front of room 114. JMS spirit wear can be purchased in room 109 from Mrs. Taylor.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!