Monday, February 25, 2013
• Attendance of at least 94%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
• Do NOT let people into the building! You compromise the safety of the entire school. Anyone doing this will be issued severe consequences!
• Scarves are not a part of your uniform. Therefore, scarves should not be worn even as a belt.
Happy birthday to .......
No Birthdays Today
AFRICAN AMERICAN HERITAGE QUESTION OF THE DAY
Today's Question: How many patents did Carver own?
Please fill out the little yellow card in the rear of the cafeteria with your answer and drip it in the answer box.
Friday's Question: George Washington Carver taught at what school?
Answer: Tuskegee Institute
Main Entree: Burritos; Cheeseburgers; Spicy Chicken Strips; Green Beans
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Tac-Gos — Egg & Cheese in a Tortilla Shell; Breakfast Casserole
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Scholastic Bowl ~ Practice Tuesday from 2:30-4PM in room 113.
• IMSA ~ IMSA will meet after school on Wednesday in room 206.
• Yearbook ~ The JMS yearbook ~ 2012-2013 A Year to Remember ~ is on sale now. Order yours today! Return your order form and money to Mrs. Nosa in room 215 or order online.
• Kohl's Gotta Dance! ~ St. John's Children's Hospital & Kohl's Cares are sponsoring FREE dance classes for students in grades 6-10. For more information, go to sjchildrens.org
• LLCC College for Kids ~ LLCC's Youth Services Program and the Athletics Department are excited to offer summer 2013 classes and camps for students who have completed Kindergarten through 8th grade as of Spring 2013. For more information, pick up an informational application packet from the bulletin board in the main lobby.
If you go to a buddy room or in-house on the day of a game, you CANNOT attend the game. This applies to everyone INCLUDING team players!
• Track ~ Track practice begins on Wednesday, March 6th. Attendance is mandatory. Be dressed appropriately and in the gym by 2:40.
To be eligible for track you must have the following 4 requirements:
1. a 2.0 GPA from the 1st semester
2. a physical dated within the last year of may 31, 2012
3. proof of insurance
an athletic card signed by your parents/guardians and the student athlete
If you have any questions, see Mr. Taylor.
• SSHS Cheerleading Tryouts ~ Southeast HS cheerleading tryouts!
~ March 13th - Parent Meeting at 6PM in SSHS Library [Everyone trying out MUST have a parent/guardian present.]
~ March 14th & 15th - Clinics at 6:30PM-9PM in SSHS gym
~ March 16th - Tryouts at 8AM-Noon in SSHS gym
School store is now open daily before 8AM in front of room 114. JMS spirit wear can be purchased in room 109 from Mrs. Taylor.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!