Wednesday, March 27, 2013
• Attendance of at least 94%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
• Do NOT let people into the building! You compromise the safety of the entire school. Anyone doing this will be issued severe consequences!
• Scarves are not a part of your uniform. Therefore, scarves should not be worn even as a belt.
• Students are not allowed in the teachers' lounge at any time for any reason.
• Cell phones are to be turned off and stored in your locker during the school day. If the phone is seen or heard, it will be taken and a parent will have to come to school to retrieve it. At no time should students use their phones to video tape or photograph at school. Consequences will be issued.
Happy birthday to .......
Main Entree: Spaghetti; Chicken Patties; Fish Sandwich; Broccoli
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Breakfast Bagels or Pancakes-on-a-Stick
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Art Club ~ Our next meetings will be today.
• National Library Month ~ National Library Month is April. JMS is celebrating National Library Week April 9-12. We will have daily contest questions and chances to win one of three candy jars that will be on display in the lobby glass display case by filling out slips for each question and each jar.
Come into the library to fill out answer sheets by writing your name and the estimate of the candy in all three jars. Put the slips in the correct boxes and you are ready for your chance to win. You may and can fill out slips Tuesday through Friday. Different questions daily and winner's name will be on the morning announcements. The winners of the total number of candies in the jars will only be given at the end of the week.
• Regional Science Fair ~ Congratulations to Kallie M. and Alexis W. for finishing in first place at Regional Science Fair! Way to go! Alexis will advance to State in early May. See Ms. Wright for your ribbons.
• Yearbook ~ The JMS yearbook ~ 2012-2013 A Year to Remember ~ is on sale now. There are a limited number left. Order yours today! Return your order form and money to Mrs. Nosa in room 215 or order online.
• Pasta for Pennies ~ Don't forget your Pennies for Pasta money is due tomorrow!
• Kohl's Gotta Dance! ~ St. John's Children's Hospital & Kohl's Cares are sponsoring FREE dance classes for students in grades 6-10. For more information, go to sjchildrens.org
• LLCC College for Kids ~ LLCC's Youth Services Program and the Athletics Department are excited to offer summer 2013 classes and camps for students who have completed Kindergarten through 8th grade as of Spring 2013. For more information, pick up an informational application packet from the bulletin board in the main lobby.
• Chess Tournament ~ Announcing a free chess tournament for children in grades K-8 who know how to play chess.
Where: Trinity Lutheran School
When: Friday, April 12th from 5:30-9:30PM
For additional information, please contact Dr. James Greenwald at (217) 544-4411.
If you go to a buddy room or in-house on the day of a game, you CANNOT attend the game. This applies to everyone INCLUDING team players!
Track ~ The track meet scheduled for today has been canceled!
School store is now open daily before 8AM in front of room 114. JMS spirit wear can be purchased in room 109 from Mrs. Taylor.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!