Monday, April 22, 2013
This week's Focused Instructional Practice strategy is: MAIN IDEA
• Attendance of at least 94%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
• Do NOT let people into the building! You compromise the safety of the entire school. Anyone doing this will be issued severe consequences!
• Scarves are not a part of your uniform. Therefore, scarves should not be worn even as a belt.
• Students are not allowed in the teachers' lounge at any time for any reason.
• Cell phones are to be turned off and stored in your locker during the school day. If the phone is seen or heard, it will be taken and a parent will have to come to school to retrieve it. At no time should students use their phones to video tape or photograph at school. Consequences will be issued.
Happy birthday to .......
No Birthdays Today
Main Entree: Chicken Strips; Nachos; Cheeseburgers; Carrots
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Biscuits & Gravy
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• IMSA ~ IMSA meeting today in room 206 after school.
• Earth Day ~ Happy Earth Day! Earth Day was celebrated for the first time on April 22, 1970. In that year, 20 million people participated in the USA. Today, it is projected that more than 1 billion people in 180 countries will celebrate Earth Day.
• Field Trip News ~ Very few students have turned in their field trip forms and money. Please get these turned in as soon as possible. If not enough students sign up, the field trips will be canceled.
• Yearbook ~ The JMS yearbook ~ 2012-2013 A Year to Remember ~ is on sale now. There are a limited number left. Order yours today! Return your order form and money to Mrs. Nosa in room 215 or order online.
• LLCC 8th Grade Scholarship ~ Thank you for turning in your essays! Interviews will be conducted this week. The recipient of the scholarship will be revealed at Honors' Night.
• Kohl's Gotta Dance! ~ St. John's Children's Hospital & Kohl's Cares are sponsoring FREE dance classes for students in grades 6-10. For more information, go to sjchildrens.org
• LLCC College for Kids ~ LLCC's Youth Services Program and the Athletics Department are excited to offer summer 2013 classes and camps for students who have completed Kindergarten through 8th grade as of Spring 2013. For more information, pick up an informational application packet from the bulletin board in the main lobby.
If you go to a buddy room or in-house on the day of a game, you CANNOT attend the game. This applies to everyone INCLUDING team players!
• Track ~ Here is the track schedule for next week:
Today - Practice from 3-4PM for JMS & 4-5PM for CCPA
Tuesday - NO practice
Wednesday - Track meet at Pleasant Plains at 3:30PM
Thursday - City Track Meet at Memorial Stadium at 3:30PM
School store is now open daily before 8AM in front of room 114. JMS spirit wear can be purchased in room 109 from Mrs. Taylor.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!