Thursday, April 25, 2013
This week's Focused Instructional Practice strategy is: MAIN IDEA
• Attendance of at least 94%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
• Do NOT let people into the building! You compromise the safety of the entire school. Anyone doing this will be issued severe consequences!
• Scarves are not a part of your uniform. Therefore, scarves should not be worn even as a belt.
• Students are not allowed in the teachers' lounge at any time for any reason.
• Cell phones are to be turned off and stored in your locker during the school day. If the phone is seen or heard, it will be taken and a parent will have to come to school to retrieve it. At no time should students use their phones to video tape or photograph at school. Consequences will be issued.
Happy birthday to .......
Main Entree: Spaghetti with Garlic Bread; Chicken Nuggets; Cheeseburgers; Green Beans; Corn
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Donut Holes
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Beta Club ~ Beta Club students can help with Fine Arts Night on April 30th — next Tuesday — for hours. Hours are due by May 3rd. If you are interested in working this event, see Mrs. Magruder in room 118 by Friday to sign up.
• Scholastic Bowl ~ Congratulations to the JMS Scholastic Bowl Team on their excellent showing against FMS and LMS at Regional competition last night!
• WEB ~ Attention 7th graders ....... Do you like to help others? Can you make a positive difference? Were you scared as a 6th grader coming into middle school? PLEASE consider being a WEB Leader for next school year! Please pick up an application beginning TODAY from your math teacher to read more details about WEB! Please see Ms. Galligan, Mrs. Gephart, Ms. Hitchery, Ms. Swaggerty, or Mrs. Wash with questions!
• SSHS Show Choir ~ The Southeast High School show choir is holding auditions for all incoming 8th graders. Auditions will be held on May 13th from 3:30-6:30PM. If you are interested in auditioning, please see Ms. Harrison for more information.
• Field Trip News ~ Very few students have turned in their field trip forms and money. Please get these turned in as soon as possible. If not enough students sign up, the field trips will be canceled.
• Kohl's Gotta Dance! ~ St. John's Children's Hospital & Kohl's Cares are sponsoring FREE dance classes for students in grades 6-10. For more information, go to sjchildrens.org
• LLCC College for Kids ~ LLCC's Youth Services Program and the Athletics Department are excited to offer summer 2013 classes and camps for students who have completed Kindergarten through 8th grade as of Spring 2013. For more information, pick up an informational application packet from the bulletin board in the main lobby.
If you go to a buddy room or in-house on the day of a game, you CANNOT attend the game. This applies to everyone INCLUDING team players!
• Track ~ Here is the track schedule for this week:
Today - City Track Meet at Memorial Stadium at 3:30PM
School store is now open daily before 8AM in front of room 114. JMS spirit wear can be purchased in room 109 from Mrs. Taylor.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!