Tuesday, April 30, 2013
This week's Focused Instructional Practice strategy is: SUPPORTING DETAILS
• Attendance of at least 94%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
• Do NOT let people into the building! You compromise the safety of the entire school. Anyone doing this will be issued severe consequences!
• Scarves are not a part of your uniform. Therefore, scarves should not be worn even as a belt.
• Students are not allowed in the teachers' lounge at any time for any reason.
• Cell phones are to be turned off and stored in your locker during the school day. If the phone is seen or heard, it will be taken and a parent will have to come to school to retrieve it. At no time should students use their phones to video tape or photograph at school. Consequences will be issued.
Happy birthday to .......
Bryson T., Abigail L., Raven M., & Sariah M.!
Main Entree: Spaghetti with Garlic Bread; Chicken Patties; Catfish; Steamed Broccoli
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Bagels with Cream Cheese or Jelly
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Library ~ Students — remember that ALL JMS library books are due by this Friday!
• IMSA ~ Meeting today after school in room 206.
• WEB ~ Attention 7th graders ....... all WEB applications are due tomorrow, May 1st. Turn them in to your math teacher.
• SSHS Show Choir ~ The Southeast High School show choir is holding auditions for all incoming 8th graders. Auditions will be held on May 13th from 3:30-6:30PM. If you are interested in auditioning, please see Ms. Harrison for more information.
• Field Trip News ~ Very few students have turned in their field trip forms and money. Please get these turned in as soon as possible. If not enough 8th graders sign up & pay their fee by early Wednesday morning, their 6 Flags field trip will be canceled.
• Title I Surveys ~ Title I surveys will be distributed during 5th hour for families to fill out. These must be returned no later than May 23rd. Those students who return surveys to Mr. Klasing by the due date will receive a treat from him.
• Kohl's Gotta Dance! ~ St. John's Children's Hospital & Kohl's Cares are sponsoring FREE dance classes for students in grades 6-10. For more information, go to sjchildrens.org
• LLCC College for Kids ~ LLCC's Youth Services Program and the Athletics Department are excited to offer summer 2013 classes and camps for students who have completed Kindergarten through 8th grade as of Spring 2013. For more information, pick up an informational application packet from the bulletin board in the main lobby.
If you go to a buddy room or in-house on the day of a game, you CANNOT attend the game. This applies to everyone INCLUDING team players!
Volleyball ~ The volleyball banquet will be held Monday, May 6th from 5:30-7PM in the JMS gym. Parents are encouraged to come and join. There will be a volleyball players vs parents volleyball game and a little ceremony followed by a light snack. Please RSVP by Thursday, May 2nd. Every player can have 2 guests. It will cost $3 for each guest after that. Money must be turned in by the RSVP date.
School store is now open daily before 8AM in front of room 114. JMS spirit wear can be purchased in room 109 from Mrs. Taylor.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!