Monday, May 6, 2013
This week's Focused Instructional Practice strategy is: INFERENCING
• Attendance of at least 94%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
• Do NOT let people into the building! You compromise the safety of the entire school. Anyone doing this will be issued severe consequences!
• Scarves are not a part of your uniform. Therefore, scarves should not be worn even as a belt.
• Students are not allowed in the teachers' lounge at any time for any reason.
• Cell phones are to be turned off and stored in your locker during the school day. If the phone is seen or heard, it will be taken and a parent will have to come to school to retrieve it. At no time should students use their phones to video tape or photograph at school. Consequences will be issued.
Happy birthday to .......
Main Entree: Meatloaf Sandwiches; Chicken Nuggets; Cheeseburgers; Green Beans
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Sausage-on-a-Biscuit
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• IMSA ~ There will be an IMSA meeting in room 206 today after school. You must attend if you would like to come to the end of the year celebration. See Ms. Wright or Mrs. Horstman with questions.
• Yearbooks ~ Yearbooks are in and will be distributed on Tuesday during lunch shifts. There are 20 remaining and will be sold on a first come first served basis for $22.
• Science Fair ~ Congratulations to Alexis W. on her bronze finish at State Science Fair competition in Champaign on Saturday! Alexis worked really hard on her project, speech & research paper. There were only 57 projects from Region 10 chosen to be presented. Over 1,000 projects were judged from across the state. It's quite an accomplishment ~ WE ARE PROUD OF YOU, ALEXIS!
• 8th Grade Dance ~ The JMS 8th grade dance will be held on Tuesday, May 28th from 1:30-3PM. This is for Jefferson 8th grade students only!
• SSHS Show Choir ~ The Southeast High School show choir is holding auditions for all incoming 8th graders. Auditions will be held on May 13th from 3:30-6:30PM. If you are interested in auditioning, please see Ms. Harrison for more information.
• Title I Surveys ~ Title I surveys have been distributed for families to fill out. These must be returned no later than May 23rd. Those students who return surveys to Mr. Klasing by the due date will receive a treat from him.
• Kohl's Gotta Dance! ~ St. John's Children's Hospital & Kohl's Cares are sponsoring FREE dance classes for students in grades 6-10. For more information, go to sjchildrens.org
• LLCC College for Kids ~ LLCC's Youth Services Program and the Athletics Department are excited to offer summer 2013 classes and camps for students who have completed Kindergarten through 8th grade as of Spring 2013. For more information, pick up an informational application packet from the bulletin board in the main lobby.
If you go to a buddy room or in-house on the day of a game, you CANNOT attend the game. This applies to everyone INCLUDING team players!
• 7th & 8th Grade Volleyball ~ The 7th & 8th grade volleyball banquet will be held today from 5:30-7PM in the JMS gym. Parents are encouraged to come and join. There will be a volleyball players vs parents volleyball game and a little ceremony followed by a light snack.
• SSHS Boys Basketball Camp ~ Southeast High School will hold a boys' basketball camp June 17th through June 21st. For more information and registration forms, please see Mr. Hamilton in room 214.
School store is now open daily before 8AM in front of room 114. JMS spirit wear can be purchased in room 109 from Mrs. Taylor.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!