Thursday, May 9, 2013
This week's Focused Instructional Practice strategy is: INFERENCING
• Attendance of at least 94%
• Good Education
- Good Grades
- Preparing You for Life
• Good Behavior
- Respect Yourself
- Respect Others
- Respect Property
• Do NOT let people into the building! You compromise the safety of the entire school. Anyone doing this will be issued severe consequences!
• Scarves are not a part of your uniform. Therefore, scarves should not be worn even as a belt.
• Students are not allowed in the teachers' lounge at any time for any reason.
• Cell phones are to be turned off and stored in your locker during the school day. If the phone is seen or heard, it will be taken and a parent will have to come to school to retrieve it. At no time should students use their phones to video tape or photograph at school. Consequences will be issued.
Happy birthday to .......
Tayavoin W. & Kelsey S.!
Main Entree: Chicken Nuggets; Cheese Pizza; Cheeseburgers; Red Kidney Beans
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Donuts
CLUBS & ACTIVITIES
• Jaguar Reading Award ~ The winners of the final Jaguar Reading Award drawing are:
1st place - Kallie M. who read Clockwork Prince & wins $10 and a book.
2nd place - Rheymone C. who read Witch and the Wizard & wins $5 and a book.
3rd place - Jade K. who read Ghetto Cowboy & wins $3 and a book.
4th place - Alexis H. who read Peace, Love and Baby Ducks & wins a book and various items.
5th place - Elena W. who read Ink Exchange & wins a book and various items.
Please go to the library sometime today to pick up your prizes. Thank you for continuing to read and use the library this year.
• 8th Grade Dance ~ The JMS 8th grade dance will be held on Tuesday, May 28th from 1:30-3PM. You must attend school on that day or you will NOT be admitted to the dance. This is for Jefferson 8th grade students only!
• End of the Year Trips ~ We will have one bus going for each of the end of the year field trips. Students may continue to turn in forms and money & be placed on the waiting list to go. We have until today to give the final count to Six Flags, Skateland & Chuck E. Cheese.
• SSHS Show Choir ~ The Southeast High School show choir is holding auditions for all incoming 8th graders. Auditions will be held on May 13th from 3:30-6:30PM. If you are interested in auditioning, please see Ms. Harrison for more information.
• Title I Surveys ~ Title I surveys have been distributed for families to fill out. These must be returned no later than May 23rd. Those students who return surveys to Mr. Klasing by the due date will receive a treat from him.
• Kohl's Gotta Dance! ~ St. John's Children's Hospital & Kohl's Cares are sponsoring FREE dance classes for students in grades 6-10. For more information, go to sjchildrens.org
• LLCC College for Kids ~ LLCC's Youth Services Program and the Athletics Department are excited to offer summer 2013 classes and camps for students who have completed Kindergarten through 8th grade as of Spring 2013. For more information, pick up an informational application packet from the bulletin board in the main lobby.
If you go to a buddy room or in-house on the day of a game, you CANNOT attend the game. This applies to everyone INCLUDING team players!
• Track ~ This week's track schedule:
Today ~ JMS & CCPA track athletes have practice until 5PM
Friday ~ No practice
Saturday ~ Sectional track meet at Springfield High School at 9AM
• SSHS Boys Basketball Camp ~ Southeast High School will hold a boys' basketball camp June 17th through June 21st. For more information and registration forms, please see Mr. Hamilton in room 214.
• SSHS Youth Football Camp ~ Southeast High School is sponsoring a football conditioning and skills camp for students entering grades 3-8 on Monday, June 3rd through Thursday, June 6th from 9:30AM-3PM. There is a $50 per camper fee.
School store is now open daily before 8AM in front of room 114. JMS spirit wear can be purchased in room 109 from Mrs. Taylor.
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!