Friday, May 28, 2010
Our Instructional Focus:
At Jefferson Middle School we are...
• And discussing what we learn
NO GUM IS ALLOWED AT SCHOOL!
NO RUBBER BANDS — NO JELLY/PLASTIC BRACELETS!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Jennifer C., Jayni W., Alexandria T., Dakota C., Cyann D., and Tyler S.!
TODAY IN HISTORY
On this day in 1937, Germany formed a new automobile company. The company's name was Volkswagen which means "The People's Car Company."
Main Entree: Spicy Chicken; Spaghetti; Mac & Cheese; French Fries; Green Beans; FREE RANCH DRESSING TODAY!
No breakfast Tuesday!
• Track ~ All track athletes need to turn in their sweats and uniforms to Mr. Blunk in room 104, Mrs. Borders in the main office or Mr. Taylor in the gym. Please place your CLEAN uniform in a grocery bag with your name on a piece of paper so the coaches know who has turned in their uniform.
• SSHS Summer Non-Tackle Football Camp
When: June 21-25, 2010
Grades: 5, 6, 7, and 8
Call head football coach Elbert E. Kern at 525-3130 for more information.
• SSHS Boys Basketball Camp ~
When: June 14-19, 2010
Time: Age 11 thru 8th grade — 10:15AM-12:15PM & Incoming freshmen — 1:15-3:15PM
Call head basketball coach Lawrence Thomas at 525-3130, ext. 198 or 199 for more information.
• SSHS X-Country Camp ~ Southeast High School X-Country Camp to be held July 19th - 23rd. There will be 2 daily sessions — 8-9:30 AM and 6:30-8PM. You may come to both or just one of the daily sessions. Cost is $15 which will cover t-shirt expense, refreshments, awards, and snacks. For more information, contact Coach Hood at firstname.lastname@example.org
PAWS FOR READING
7th Grade ~ 16,064 minutes
Teachers/Staff ~ 14,687 minutes
8th Grade ~ 38,214 minutes
6th Grade ~ 67,780 minutes
All 6th grade students will have a "dress down" day as a reward ~ 6th grade students do NOT have to wear their uniforms on Tuesday, June 1st! CONGRATULATIONS!
108 students still have books checked out of the library. Please check to the updated list on the showcase in the front entry way to see if your name is on the list.
You must return the book or pay for it. The cost for the book is also on the list in the entry way.
There are only 3 yearbooks remaining. Come get yours today in room 115!
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property