Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Our Instructional Focus:
At Jefferson Middle School we are...
• And discussing what we learn
NO GUM IS ALLOWED AT SCHOOL!
NO RUBBER BANDS — NO JELLY/PLASTIC BRACELETS!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Makenna B. & Dylan C.!
TODAY IN HISTORY
On this day in 1907, Marion Michael Morrison was born. He is more famously known as the actor John Wayne. Some of his more well-known movies are: Rio Bravo, True Grit & She Wore a Yellow Ribbon.
Main Entree: Nachos Grande; French Fries; Green Beans
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Breakfast Bagels
NO CHARGES!!!!! Only 3 days left to pay up accounts!
• Boys Basketball Meeting ~ Coach Gorens has scheduled a basketball meeting for all JMS boys today at 3PM. There is NO ACTIVITY BUS so please make arrangements for a ride.
• Track ~ All track athletes need to turn in their sweats and uniforms to Mr. Blunk in room 104, Mrs. Borders in the main office or Mr. Taylor in the gym. Please place your CLEAN uniform in a grocery bag with your name on a piece of paper so the coaches know who has turned in their uniform.
• SSHS Summer Non-Tackle Football Camp
When: June 21-25, 2010
Grades: 5, 6, 7, and 8
Call head football coach Elbert E. Kern at 525-3130 for more information.
• SSHS Boys Basketball Camp ~
When: June 14-19, 2010
Time: Age 11 thru 8th grade — 10:15AM-12:15PM & Incoming freshmen — 1:15-3:15PM
Call head basketball coach Lawrence Thomas at 525-3130, ext. 198 or 199 for more information.
• SSHS X-Country Camp ~ Southeast High School X-Country Camp to be held July 19th - 23rd. There will be 2 daily sessions — 8-9:30 AM and 6:30-8PM. You may come to both or just one of the daily sessions. Cost is $15 which will cover t-shirt expense, refreshments, awards, and snacks. For more information, contact Coach Hood at email@example.com
GIRLS' LOCKER ROOM
Girls that have gym clothes in Ms. Willis' office should remove them immediately. After today, any clothes left in the locker room will be put in the school lost & found area.
PAWS FOR READING
Keep reading and recording your minutes! Be sure to check out the posters in the main lobby that are tracking your progress in the competition.
7th Grade ~ 14,820 minutes
Teachers/Staff ~ 11,382 minutes
8th Grade ~ 33,479 minutes
6th Grade ~ 62,764 minutes
Please check out the showcase in the front lobby to see if you have overdue books that need to be returned to the library.
Please dig through your lockers today and return any library books that may be located within. Fines for overdue books are posted in the main lobby.
There are only 5 yearbooks remaining. Come get yours today in room 115!
OUT OF THE BLUE
Today will be Popsicles on the Patio for the 7th & 8th grade winners! Look for Ms. Rennison at lunch to see if you are one of the lucky winners.
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property