Monday, May 24, 2010
Our Instructional Focus:
At Jefferson Middle School we are...
• And discussing what we learn
NO GUM IS ALLOWED AT SCHOOL!
NO RUBBER BANDS — NO JELLY/PLASTIC BRACELETS!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Dalton H. & Elizabeth F.!
TODAY IN HISTORY
On this day in 1543, the Father of Modern Astronomy died in Frombork, Poland. Nicolaus Copernicus was the first scientist to say that Earth and the other planets revolve around the sun.
Main Entree: Salisbury Steak; French Fries; Corn
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Omelets
• Track ~ All track athletes need to turn in their sweats and uniforms to Mr. Blunk in room 104, Mrs. Borders in the main office or Mr. Taylor in the gym. Please place your CLEAN uniform in a grocery bag with your name on a piece of paper so the coaches know who has turned in their uniform.
• SSHS Summer Non-Tackle Football Camp
When: June 21-25, 2010
Grades: 5, 6, 7, and 8
Call head football coach Elbert E. Kern at 525-3130 for more information.
• SSHS Boys Basketball Camp ~
When: June 14-19, 2010
Time: Age 11 thru 8th grade — 10:15AM-12:15PM & Incoming freshmen — 1:15-3:15PM
Call head basketball coach Lawrence Thomas at 525-3130, ext. 198 or 199 for more information.
• SSHS X-Country Camp ~ Southeast High School X-Country Camp to be held July 19th - 23rd. There will be 2 daily sessions — 8-9:30 AM and 6:30-8PM. You may come to both or just one of the daily sessions. Cost is $15 which will cover t-shirt expense, refreshments, awards, and snacks. For more information, contact Coach Hood at email@example.com
PAWS FOR READING
Keep reading and recording your minutes! Be sure to check out the posters in the main lobby that are tracking your progress in the competition.
7th Grade ~ 9,500 minutes
Teachers/Staff ~ 11,382 minutes
8th Grade ~ 28,530 minutes
6th Grade ~ 62,764 minutes
Please check out the showcase in the front lobby to see if you have overdue books that need to be returned to the library.
Please dig through your lockers today and return any library books that may be located within. Fines for overdue books are posted in the main lobby.
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property