Monday, April 5, 2010
Our Instructional Focus:
At Jefferson Middle School we are...
• And discussing what we learn
NO GUM IS ALLOWED AT SCHOOL!
NO RUBBER BANDS!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
TODAY IN HISTORY
On this day in 1994, Kurt Cobain committed suicide in Seattle, Washington. Cobain was the lead singer for the band Nirvana.
Main Entree: BBQ Riblets; French Fries; Slaw
8th grade girls will eat first. This will be an outside day!
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Pancakes-on-a-Stick
• Track ~ Our first track meet will be held tomorrow at Southeast High School. Admission is $1 for students and $2 for adults. If your behavior is not appropriate, you will not be allowed to attend any more track meets for the rest of the season. Mrs. Johnson will be at the gate.
• Southeast Cheerleading Tryouts ~ Clinic workshop dates are April 6, 7, & 8 from 6-8:30PM. Tryout date is April 10th from 9AM-12PM at Southeast High School Gym. Please wear shorts, t-shirts and tennis shoes. If you have questions, please contact the Athletic Office at 525-3130.
• JFL 2010 Football Sign-Up ~ Registration April 24th at Kicks on 6th Street from 11:30AM - 4PM. There is an $85 registration fee. For more information, please contact JFL Hotline at (217) 416-8533, P.O. Box 3116, or visit their website at:
• Springfield Youth Football League ~ Registration for tackle football for kindergarten through 8th grade will take place:
~ Saturday, April 17th from 9AM-1PM at Hope Church - 3000 Lenhart Road
~ Saturday, May 15th from 9AM-1PM at Bank of Springfield Building - 9th & Madison
You must pay the $85 registration fee at time of registration. Checks should be made payable to SYF. Also, bring a copy of the player's birth certificate that the league can keep. Returning players do not have to do this. Please have the player with you for sizing! For more information, contact by email at
firstname.lastname@example.org or check the website at http://www.springfieldyouthfootball.com
The spring dance will be held Friday from 2:30-4PM. Admission will be $3.
REGIONAL SCIENCE FAIR
On Saturday, March 27th, four JMS students competed at the regional science fair at Lincoln Land Community College. Phillip M., Kendra P., Aryanna W., and Wyatt S. presented their science projects to a set of judges.
Aryanna received a 2nd place ranking for her project "Packaging Differences." Kendra received a 1st place ranking for her project "Shooting for Accuracy." Wyatt received a 1st place ranking for his project "Electromagnetic Motor." Phillip received an outstanding ranking for his project "Which bridge is the strongest?" and also ranked in the top 20 projects at regionals.
Wyatt & Phillip will represent JMS at the State Science Fair at the University of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana in May.
Congratulations to all four students on their hard work!
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property