Monday, March 15, 2010
Our Instructional Focus:
At Jefferson Middle School we are...
• And discussing what we learn
NO GUM IS ALLOWED AT SCHOOL!
NO RUBBER BANDS!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
No Birthdays Today
TODAY IN HISTORY
Beware the Ides of March! According to the ancient Roman calendar, each month of the year had an ides of the month. In March, May, July, and October, the ides fell on the 15th day of the month. The ides of the month originally marked the full moon. On the Ides of March in 44BC, Roman Emperor Julius Caesar was assassinated.
Main Entree: Corn Dogs; French Fries; Carrots
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Biscuits & Gravy
Reserve the date ~ Thursday, March 18th! From 6-8PM JMS PTC is sponsoring a skating party at Skateland South for all JMS students. Admission cost is $4 and skate rental is $2.
Come out and shoot the duck with your favorite teacher or administrator! How about it, Ms. Nelson & Mrs. Borders — are you up to the challenge????
Yearbook club will meet today from 2:30-4PM!
CHOIR & BAND
• No choir practice after school today!
• Please come to band this week at your regular lesson time. Today trumpets are from 8:30-9AM and percussion from 9-9:30PM.
• 7th & 8th grade volleyball ~ The following girls need to turn in their CLEAN volleyball uniforms by tomorrow!
Megan, Haley, Jordyn, Ally, Hannah, Courtney B., Charlicia, Caty, Abby, & Yesmeen
• Track ~ Practice today & every day this week! Direct any questions to Mr. Blunk or Mr. Taylor.
• JFL 2010 Football Sign-Up ~ Registration March 20th and April 24th at Kicks on 6th Street from 11:30AM - 4PM. There is an $85 registration fee. For more information, please contact JFL Hotline at (217) 416-8533, P.O. Box 3116, or visit their website at:
• Springfield Youth Football League ~ Registration for tackle football for kindergarten through 8th grade will take place:
~ Saturday, April 17th from 9AM-1PM at Hope Church - 3000 Lenhart Road
~ Saturday, May 15th from 9AM-1PM at Bank of Springfield Building - 9th & Madison
You must pay the $85 registration fee at time of registration. Checks should be made payable to SYF. Also, bring a copy of the player's birth certificate that the league can keep. Returning players do not have to do this. Please have the player with you for sizing! For more information, contact by email at
firstname.lastname@example.org or check the website at http://www.springfieldyouthfootball.com
EXPANDING YOUR HORIZONS
What: A hands-on career conference for 6th, 7th, & 8th grade girls.
When: Saturday, March 20th from 8AM to 12:45PM
For more information, contact Jean Coontz at (217) 787-8078.
Students ~ Cell phones, iPods, MP3 players, and any other electronic device should be turned off and out of sight during the school day. If ANY staff member sees a student with an electronic device of ANY kind, it will be taken away from that student. The device will then be taken to the office. The student's name will be attached to the device and then it will be put in the safe. A parent will have to come to school to pick up the device.
SNACK ATTACK STORE
The Snack Attack Store is in the main lobby for after school before you board the buses. Each snack costs $1.
Order this year's yearbook today! They are on sale for $20. If you have any questions, see Ms. J-C in room 115.
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property