Monday, October 19, 2009
Our mission is to produce world-class citizens.
1. Good attendance of at least 91%.
2. Good education - grades of A/B or doing your very best; you will be prepared for tests, the next year, and for life!
3. Good behavior - Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
It is never ok to be disruptive. It is never ok to be hurtful.
NO GUM IS ALLOWED AT SCHOOL!
NO RUBBER BANDS!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
TODAY IN HISTORY
On this day in 1748, Martha Wayles Skelton Jefferson was born. Martha was the wife of President Thomas Jefferson — our 3rd president.
12:27PM bell is the 7th grade tardy bell.
12:30PM bell is the dismissal bell for 8th grade to go to lunch. Please do not dismiss your students before this bell rings.
7th & 8th grade students are not allowed in the 6th grade hallway unless their locker is in that hall, if they have Info Tech in room 116, or SSRW in a classroom in that hall. There will be consequences issued for ignoring this rule.
Main Entree: Chili; French Fries
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs & Hash Browns
Starting next week, a la carte will be open in the back of the cafeteria on Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday. On Mondays and Fridays we will sell at the registers.
Please remember to clean up your eating area and push in your chair at your table. You will be asked to choose an outside activity. Do not go past the sidewalks. Once you reenter the building, use your inside voices because other students are in class.
Today will be an outside day unless we announce otherwise! Take your jackets with you to the cafeteria. You will not be allowed to go back to your locker after you eat before you go outside.
IMSA will meet today after school in room 206.
• 6th grade boys basketball ~ Practice today from 4-5PM. Unless you make arrangements with Mrs. McCorkle to stay with her after school in room 101, you must go home and come back at 4PM.
• 6th grade girls basketball ~ Congratulations to the 6th grade girls basketball team with their B team win against Lincoln Magnet! High scorers on A & B teams include: Bryantae S. with 10 points; Gabriella G., Pearl P-H., & Makayla E. each with 4 points.
• 8th grade boys basketball ~ Tryouts today from 6-8PM. Please be dropped off at the back gym door.
• 7th & 8th grade girls basketball ~ Game Tuesday at 4PM against St. Agnes & game Thursday at 3:30PM against FMS.
Our book fair will be held from October 26-October 30. You will be given time to browse and make purchases next week.
Parent/Teacher Conferences will be held next week — October 29th & 30th — on Thursday evening and all day Friday.
At JMS, adults are in charge. When you have a guest teacher, you are expected to be respectful and helpful. Disrespect will not be tolerated.
TWILIGHT BOWLING FOR TECHNOLOGY
Start planning to attend our next bowling night.
When: Tuesday, November 10th from 9-11PM
Where: Laketown Lanes
Cost: $15 gets you 2 hours of bowling fun and shoe rental
The JMS School Store is open! Come to the main lobby before school and purchase school supplies.
SNACK ATTACK STORE
The Snack Attack Store is in the main lobby for after school before you board the buses. Each snack will cost $1.
We want students to be here every day! JMS needs to have at least 92% attendance everyday. We will have fun activities for those who attain a 95% attendance rate.
Previous Day's Attendance
6th Grade ~ 79.5% Attendance
7th Grade ~ 78% Attendance
8th Grade ~ 78% Attendance
There are currently 103 students with perfect attendance: 34 6th grade students, 46 7th grade students, & 23 8th grade students.
Unfortunately the entire school did not achieve at least a 95% attendance rate for last week. Our week's average was 81.5%.
In order to cut down on the number of students arriving tardy to class, we will continue having hallway sweeps this week. Once the tardy bell has rung, if you are not in class, you will be swept and consequences will be issued.
If you would like to purchase a yearbook from the 2008-2009 school year, see Ms. J-C in room 115. Bargain cost of $15!
Just a reminder ~ Shorts or capris are no longer allowed as uniform choices until next spring. Also, you may not wear a long-sleeved shirt under your short-sleeved uniform shirt. Girls ~ You may not tie your shirt in the back!
You will no longer be allowed to wear colored plastic wrist bracelets at JMS. The colors of the bracelets carry meanings that are not acceptable for our school environment. Consequences will be issued to those who continue to wear the bracelets.
• Be sure to turn in your PRIDE cards soon! There are two Out of the Blue activities scheduled for October and two scheduled for November.
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property