Thursday, September 17, 2009
Our mission is to produce world-class citizens.
1. Good attendance of at least 91%.
2. Good education - grades of A/B or doing your very best; you will be prepared for tests, the next year, and for life!
3. Good behavior - Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
It is never ok to be disruptive. It is never ok to be hurtful.
No school tomorrow! There will be a School Improvement workshop day for teachers.
There have been many, many students lingering in the halls after the tardy bell rings. Students ~ you have a 3 minute passing period that gives you ample time to get to your next class. Get to class on time!
NO GUM IS ALLOWED AT SCHOOL!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Darsean W., Jquarius R., Ricky B., Tyler P., & Dearius H.!
TODAY IN HISTORY
On this day in 1787, the Constitution of the United States of America was signed by delegates from 12 states at the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Main Entree: Nachos Grande; French Fries
Monday's Breakfast: Apple Turnovers
• All 6th grade students need to have a physical in order to remain in school.
JMS SPIRIT SHIRTS
Spirit t-shirts are still being sold for $12 each. Get yours so you will be able to wear it on your grade's scheduled spirit day. NO JEANS! You must wear your uniform pants or shorts. Also, the t-shirts may not be altered in any way ~ for example, no cutting of the sleeves, neck or sides.
The JMS School Store is open! Come to the main lobby before school and purchase school supplies.
SNACK ATTACK STORE
The Snack Attack Store is in the main lobby for after school before you board the buses. Each snack will cost $1.
• Cheerleading ~ Cheerleading tryouts will be today after school. Pick up information in room 123. Please wear a t-shirt, shorts, socks, & tennis shoes. There will be an activity bus at 4PM.
• Cross Country ~ Meet in the gym today in your uniform immediately after school to take the bus to your meet at Springfield Christian School. The bus will leave at 2:40PM!
• 6th Grade Girls Basketball ~ Practice today after school until 4PM.
There will be a show choir meeting on today after school from 2:40-4PM for all past members and interested students. Go to room 122 immediately after school.
Yearbook Club will have its first meeting today after school from 2:30-4PM in room 115. For questions or more information, see Ms. J-C in room 115.
YEARBOOK CLUB FUNDRAISER
Help support the JMS Yearbook Club by going to Burger King!
WHEN: Thursday, September 24th from 5-8PM
WHERE: 2900 S. 6th Street
Simply print out the coupon from the JMS homepage and Burger King will donate 20% of your purchase to the Yearbook Club. For more information, please see Ms. J-C in room 115.
MUSEUM TECH ACADEMY
The Museum Tech Academy is a free after-school program for students in 7th through 9th grade. Sessions begin September 23rd. There will be an Open House at the Museum's Research and Collections Center on 10 1/2 Street between Laurel and Ash Streets on Saturday, September 19th from 1-4PM.
More information can be found at http://techcenter.museum.state.il.us/mta or by calling the MTA staff at 785-0037.
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property