Friday, September 4, 2009
Our mission is to produce world-class citizens.
1. Good attendance of at least 91%.
2. Good education - grades of A/B or doing your very best; you will be prepared for tests, the next year, and for life!
3. Good behavior - Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
It is never ok to be disruptive. It is never ok to be hurtful.
There have been many, many students lingering in the halls after the tardy bell rings. Students ~ you have a 3 minute passing period that gives you ample time to get to your next class. Get to class on time!
NO GUM IS ALLOWED AT SCHOOL!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Courtlynn C., Brittany V., Meghan W., Haley H., & Morgan B.!
TODAY IN HISTORY
On this day in 1997, the 14th MTV Video Music Awards show was held at Radio City Music Hall. Chris Rock was the host.
Main Entree: Meatball Sub; French Fries; Green Beans
Tuesday's Breakfast: Apple Turnovers
If you have not turned in a lunch application, please do so quickly! Money for lunches will be accepted during breakfast time so please bring your money for your accounts to Mrs. Mary in the mornings.
• All 6th grade students need to have a physical in order to remain in school.
• Any student who has an athletic card that was taken home for signatures yesterday after the athletic physicals should turn it in to Mrs. Riley in the main office today.
Attention all 7th and 8th grade students ~ If you missed the chance to purchase last year's edition of the yearbook, there are still a few left. They are $23 and can be purchased from Ms. J-C in room 115.
JMS SHIRTS 6TH GRADE SPIRIT DAY
6th grade students ~ Thursday, Sept. 10th, will be the 6th grade Spirit Day! NO JEANS! You must wear your uniform pant or shorts. Also, the t-shirts may not be altered in any way ~ for example, no cutting of the sleeves, neck or sides. Purchase your t-shirt in room 102. Limited sizes are available.
• All 7th & 8th grade band members need to meet with Ms. Harrison in room 122 at 9:10AM today. We will be discussing instruments and you will get more important information about band.
• All 6th grade band members need to meet with Ms. Harrison in room 122 at 9:10AM on Tuesday. We will be discussing insturments and you will get more information at the meeting.
The JMS School Store is open! Come to the main lobby before school and purchase school supplies.
BACK TO SCHOOL FUNDRAISER
You received fundraiser information in your first day packet. Take orders from family members and friends. Be sure to collect the money for the order when you take the order. All checks should be made payable to Jefferson Middle School. Orders will be accepted through Wednesday, September 9th and delivery will be October 13th. No late orders will be accepted!
Be sure to write your name at the top of the order blank. You should write down your choice of prize(s) on your order blank as well. If you sell 25 or more items, you get to go to Kicks. The top 3 sellers receive cash prizes. The top 2 sellers receive free food as well.
Be polite and say thank you to those who choose to support JMS by placing an order!
PARENT ACCESS TO STUDENT CUMULATIVE FOLDERS
Parent intranet access classes will no longer be offered in District 186. Instead, usernames and passwords have been generated by the District for parents.
Letters containing your parent's username and password will be available at JMS after September 8th. The letter will explain to your parents how to log in and access your electronic cumulative folder and other information.
If your parent intends to use this service, he or she must log in by September 30th or the username and password will become inactive and invalid.
For more information, parents may contact your Guidance Dean at JMS.
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property