Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Our mission is to produce world-class citizens.
1. Good attendance of at least 91%.
2. Good education - grades of A/B or doing your very best; you will be prepared for tests, the next year, and for life!
3. Good behavior - Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
It is never ok to be disruptive. It is never ok to be hurtful.
NO GUM IS ALLOWED AT SCHOOL!
Today is an "odd" day.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Donterious C., Kayla G., David M., & Noah B.!
TODAY IN HISTORY
On this day in 1939, Poland was invaded by Nazi troops and planes. This marked the beginning of World War II.
Main Entree: Chicken Strips with Roll; Mashed Potatoes & Gravy; Corn-on-the-Cob
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Glazed Cinnamon Toast
• 7th/8th Girls Basketball ~ Try outs will be September 2nd from 2:30-4PM. Make sure you have a current physical and athletic card filled out and signed before you try out.
• 6th Girls Basketball ~ Try outs are today after school until 4PM. An activity bus will be available to take you home. After school go straight to the locker room and change your clothes. You may not try out in your school uniform!
• All 6th grade students need to have a physical in order to remain in school.
• Athletic physicals will be provided at JMS on Thursday, September 3rd, at 2:30PM. The fee will be $10 per student. Stop by the main office and sign up if you plan on getting a physical on Thursday so Mrs. Borders can have an idea of how many will be here.
Attention all 7th and 8th grade students ~ If you missed the chance to purchase last year's edition of the yearbook, there are still a few left. They are $23 and can be purchased from Ms. J-C in room 115.
JMS SHIRTS 8TH GRADE SPIRIT DAY
8th grade students ~ Tomorrow is the 8th grade Spirit Day! Purchase you t-shirt from Ms. Stewart in room 202 so you may wear it on Wednesday. NO JEANS!
The JMS School Store is open! Come to the main lobby before school and purchase school supplies.
BACK TO SCHOOL FUNDRAISER
You received fundraiser information in your first day packet. Take orders from family members and friends. Be sure to collect the money for the order when you take the order. All checks should be made payable to Jefferson Middle School. Orders will be accepted through September 9th and delivery will be October 13th. No late orders will be accepted!
Be sure to write your name at the top of the order blank. You should write down your choice of prize(s) on your order blank as well. If you sell 25 or more items, you get to go to Kicks. The top 3 sellers receive cash prizes. The top 2 sellers receive free food as well.
Be polite and say thank you to those who choose to support JMS by placing an order!
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property