Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Our mission is to produce world class citizens.
1. Good attendance of at least 91%.
2. Good education - grades of A/B or doing your very best; you will be prepared for tests, the next year, and for life!
3. Good behavior - Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
It is never ok to be disruptive. It is never ok to be hurtful.
NO GUM IS ALLOWED AT SCHOOL!
This week ~ 1:30PM dismissal!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Mariah D. & Camron B.!
TODAY IN HISTORY
On this day in 1835, the New York Sun newspaper published the first of six articles that announced the discovery of life on the moon! These articles were known as The Great Moon Hoax. It was reported that unicorns, 2-legged beavers, and winged humanoids that looked like bats were discovered — all not true!
Main Entree: Macaroni & Cheese; Tator Tots; Green Beans
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Omelets
A la Carte prices have increased this year ~ Dole juices are $1.25; extra french fries are 75¢; most chips are 50¢.
Today will be an outside day. You will be asked if you want to participate in the following: walk & talk, football, swings/monkey bars, basketball, soccer, or jump rope. Standing around is not permitted!
Open House was a huge success last night! Thank you to everyone who attended as well as those who volunteered their time to help out. We served over 300 hot dog dinners!
• 7th/8th Girls Basketball ~ Try outs will be September 2nd from 2:30-4PM. Make sure you have a current physical and athletic card filled out and signed before you try out.
• Cross Country ~ Please meet in Mr. Blunk's room, room 103, after school today. Practice will begin at 2:30PM. There will be a bus to take you home at 4PM if you need a ride. Mr. Blunk and Mrs. Borders have fliers if you need more information.
All 6th grade students need to have a physical in order to be in school.
Today your teachers will be teaching our locker and hallway expectations.
Attention all 7th and 8th grade students ~ If you missed the chance to purchase last year's edition of the yearbook, there are still a few left. They are $23 and can be purchased from Ms. J-C in room 115.
You may still purchase uniform polos or JMS t-shirts to wear to school games or on special days. The supply is limited! See Ms. Stewart in room 202.
BACK TO SCHOOL FUNDRAISER
You received fundraiser information in your first day packet. Take orders from family members and friends. Be sure to collect the money for the order when you take the order. All checks should be made payable to Jefferson Middle School. Orders will be accepted through September 9th and delivery will be October 13th. No late orders will be accepted!
Be sure to write your name at the top of the order blank. You should write down your choice of prize(s) on your order blank as well. If you sell 25 or more items, you get to go to Kicks. The top 3 sellers receive cash prizes. The top 2 sellers receive free food as well.
Be polite and say thank you to those who choose to support JMS by placing an order!
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property