Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
It is never ok to be disruptive. It is never ok to be hurtful.
NO GUM IS ALLOWED AT SCHOOL!
STUDENTS: You are not allowed in the building until the 7:50AM bell rings unless you are coming in for breakfast!
Tuesday & Wednesday ~ 1:30PM dismissal
Thursday ~ 9:30AM dismissal
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Kameisha B. & Mikia A.!
TODAY IN HISTORY
On this day in 1886, President Grover Cleveland became the first president to get married while serving in the White House as President of the United States.
It's the end of the year surprises!
Main Entree: Meatball Subs; Gilardi Cheese Sticks; Spicy Chicken; Pizza; Chicken Salad; All the Regular Items
Ranch is free today and tomorrow ~ just ask!
You must eat or drink all food before you leave the cafeteria. Nothing is allowed outside! Clean up after yourself in the cafeteria.
Tuesday, June 2nd ~ English & History
Wednesday, June 3rd ~ Electives & make-up exams
All 6th grade students who still have artwork to pick-up should stop by the art room at lunch or at 1:30PM sharp today.
• Track ~ All track athletes ~ You need to turn in your "clean" track sweats and uniforms. Please put your uniform in a bag with your name on a piece of paper and give it to Coach Taylor, Coach Blunk, or Mrs. Borders.
• Any girls who were on a sport team — cross country, basketball, volleyball, or track — please clean out your gym locker by Wednesday.
• Lady Lions Volleyball Camp ~ There will be a volleyball skills camp for girls in grades 1 through 6 on June 15-17 from 10AM-Noon at Lanphier High School.
• Kevin Gamble & Andre Iguodala UIS Basketball Camp ~ The annual basketball camp for boys and girls ages 8-14 will be held July 20-24. For more information, please see Mrs. Borders in room 109.
• Spfld Tennis Academy ~ The program is open to youths between the ages of 7 & 18 years old. Students will learn the fundamentals of playing tennis. Tennis racquets & balls are provided. Lessons begin June 2nd and end on August 6th on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 6-7:30PM at Southeast High School. The cost is $25 per student. Enrollment will be held on June 2nd at Southeast High School tennis courts.
• U of I Summer Sports Camps ~ Please see Mrs. Borders for information regarding summer sports camps at the U of I in Champaign-Urbana.
• Springfield Junior Football League Registration
When: May 30th & June 13th from 11AM-4PM
Registration Fee: $85
Practice Begins: July 20th
If you have not returned your library books, please do so today. If you have lost the book, please bring replacement money. If you have your book at home, please bring it back as soon as possible.
There is a limited supply of extra yearbooks so hurry up and get yours while supplies last if you did not pre-order. You can bring payment to Ms. J-C.
All kindergarten through high school students will be rewarded with one free rental from Family Video for each final course grade of "A" earned in any core course. Simply bring in your final report card. Free rentals include all new releases over 30 days with a split sticker and all video games. This will be valid through the month of June and rent for one night.
DRESS CODE reminder ~ Shorts and capris may be worn now! However, no cargo capris or shorts. Shorts must come below your longest finger when you place it against your leg.
Hallway sweeps will continue. Be sure to get to class on time and be in your seat before the tardy bell rings.
• Keep earning those PRIDE cards and turning them in so you will be eligible for the next Out of the Blue activity.
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property