Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
It is never ok to be disruptive. It is never ok to be hurtful.
NO GUM IS ALLOWED AT SCHOOL!
STUDENTS: You are not allowed in the building until the 7:50AM bell rings unless you are coming in for breakfast!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Cheyenne W. & Cameron R.!
TODAY IN HISTORY
On this day in 1894, Dashiell Hammett was born in Maryland. Hammett was the author of The Maltese Falcon.
Main Entree: Tacos; French Fries; Grilled Chicken Sandwiches ~ only a few!
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Breakfast Bagels
You must eat or drink all food before you leave the cafeteria. Nothing is allowed outside! Clean up after yourself in the cafeteria.
Monday, June 1st ~ Math & Science
Tuesday, June 2nd ~ English & History
Wednesday, June 3rd ~ Electives & make-up exams
• Track ~ All track athletes ~ You need to turn in your "clean" track sweats and uniforms. Please put your uniform in a bag with your name on a piece of paper and give it to Coach Taylor, Coach Blunk, or Mrs. Borders.
• Southeast Sophisticated Ladies ~ The Southeast Spartan Flags — The Sophisticated Ladies — will be holding an informational meeting on May 28th at 4PM in room 103 at Southeast.
• Lady Lions Volleyball Camp ~ There will be a volleyball skills camp for girls in grades 1 through 6 on June 15-17 from 10AM-Noon at Lanphier High School.
• Kevin Gamble & Andre Iguodala UIS Basketball Camp ~ The annual basketball camp for boys and girls ages 8-14 will be held July 20-24. For more information, please see Mrs. Borders in room 109.
• Spfld Tennis Academy ~ The program is open to youths between the ages of 7 & 18 years old. Students will learn the fundamentals of playing tennis. Tennis racquets & balls are provided. Lessons begin June 2nd and end on August 6th on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 6-7:30PM at Southeast High School. The cost is $25 per student. Enrollment will be held on June 2nd at Southeast High School tennis courts.
• U of I Summer Sports Camps ~ Please see Mrs. Borders for information regarding summer sports camps at the U of I in Champaign-Urbana.
• Springfield Junior Football League Registration
When: May 30th & June 13th from 11AM-4PM
Registration Fee: $85
Practice Begins: July 20th
If you have not returned your library books, please do so today. If you have lost the book, please bring replacement money. If you have your book at home, please bring it back as soon as possible.
The talent show will be held today during 4th block. Only students who met the "Attendance Challenge" are eligible to attend the show.
Those who pre-ordered their yearbooks may pick them up in room 107 during lunch.
There is a limited supply of extras so hurry up and get yours while supplies last if you did not pre-order. You can bring payment to Ms. J-C or to the main office.
DRESS CODE reminder ~ Shorts and capris may be worn now! However, no cargo capris or shorts. Shorts must come below your longest finger when you place it against your leg.
SIX FLAGS FOR 8TH GRADE
The trip to Six Flags will be Friday. Be at school by 7:15AM. The buses will leave promptly at 7:30AM.
Hallway sweeps will continue. Be sure to get to class on time and be in your seat before the tardy bell rings.
• Keep earning those PRIDE cards and turning them in so you will be eligible for the next Out of the Blue activity.
• Out of the Blue ~ There will be an Out of the Blue activity today! Congratulations to those who will be participating in a splatter paint activity.
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property