Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
It is never ok to be disruptive. It is never ok to be hurtful.
NO GUM IS ALLOWED AT SCHOOL!
STUDENTS: You are not allowed in the building until the 7:50AM bell rings unless you are coming in for breakfast!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ....
Cody W., Makenna B., & Dylan C.!
TODAY IN HISTORY
On this day in 1897, author Bram Stoker's classic vampire novel Dracula went on sale in London.
Main Entree: Mini Corn Dogs; French Fries
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Omelets
You must eat or drink all food before you leave the cafeteria. Nothing is allowed outside! Clean up after yourself in the cafeteria.
Monday, June 1st ~ Math & Science
Tuesday, June 2nd ~ English & History
Wednesday, June 3rd ~ Electives & make-up exams
• Track ~ All track athletes ~ You need to turn in your "clean" track sweats and uniforms. Please put your uniform in a bag with your name on a piece of paper and give it to Coach Taylor, Coach Blunk, or Mrs. Borders.
• Spfld Tennis Academy ~ The program is open to youths between the ages of 7 & 18 years old. Students will learn the fundamentals of playing tennis. Tennis racquets & balls are provided. Lessons begin June 2nd and end on August 6th on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 6-7:30PM at Southeast High School. The cost is $25 per student. Enrollment will be held on June 2nd at Southeast High School tennis courts.
• U of I Summer Sports Camps ~ Please see Mrs. Borders for information regarding summer sports camps at the U of I in Champaign-Urbana.
• Springfield Junior Football League Registration
When: May 30th & June 13th from 11AM-4PM
Registration Fee: $85
Practice Begins: July 20th
Attendance is important for success!
Your team of teachers will be keeping track of your attendance, tardies and Buddy Room visits from Tuesday, May 19th through Tuesday, May 26th. Your reward for having perfect attendance, no tardies and no Buddy visits will be an out of uniform day! If you are eligible, you will be allowed to wear jeans and t-shirts tomorrow. You will also be eligible to attend the talent show that afternoon.
In order for students to wear jeans, they must have met the following requirements:
• Students must have been present all day, every block from May 19th through May 26th.
• Students were on time — no tardies — to school and to all classes.
• Students received NO Buddy Room visits for the week.
If you have not returned your library books, please do so today. If you have lost the book, please bring replacement money. If you have your book at home, please bring it back as soon as possible.
Practice today after school in room 102. Bring any props or music that you will be using in your act. You must attend practice in order to participate in the show tomorrow. Please see Mrs. Wash or Mrs. Orama if you have any questions.
The talent show will be held tomorrow during 4th block. Attendance will be tied to the "Attendance Challenge" — make sure you're coming to school all day everyday in order to be eligible!
Yearbooks are on sale for $25. There is a limited supply so hurry up and get yours while supplies last. You can bring payment to Ms. J-C or to the main office.
YMCA DAY CAMP
If you are interested in attending the YMCA Day Camp this summer, please go to the main office for more information.
DRESS CODE reminder ~ Shorts and capris may be worn now! However, no cargo capris or shorts. Shorts must come below your longest finger when you place it against your leg.
END OF THE YEAR TRIPS
Six Flags trip for 8th grade - May 29th:
Money is due now. The fee is $50.
Please remember ~ there are requirements for you to be eligible for the end of the year trips to Six Flags or Knight's Action Park.
1. GRADES: passing all classes for 4th quarter
2. ATTENDANCE: 90% attendance for the school year
3. BEHAVIOR: no suspensions during 4th quarter
Hallway sweeps will continue. Be sure to get to class on time and be in your seat before the tardy bell rings.
• Keep earning those PRIDE cards and turning them in so you will be eligible for the next Out of the Blue activity.
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property