Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
It is never ok to be disruptive. It is never ok to be hurtful.
NO GUM IS ALLOWED AT SCHOOL!
TODAY IN HISTORY
On this day in 1919, one of the first ticker-tape parades was held in New York City to honor the Prince of Wales. Rolls of paper that recorded stock information for the stock brokers, were shredded and thrown out windows onto the parade below. Since Wall Street doesn't use ticker-tape anymore, confetti is used for parades.
Main Entree: Mini Corn Dogs; Mexican Rice; Green Beans
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Poptarts
Please remember to take a jacket with you to lunch. It is getting cold outside and you are not allowed to go back to your locker after you eat.
You must eat or drink all snacks before you leave the cafeteria. Nothing is allowed outside! Clean up after yourself in the cafeteria.
Students ~ You must sit on the correct side of the cafeteria. Lunch detentions will be given if you are on the wrong side!
Parents are invited to attend a workshop — "Supporting Single Parents" — this evening in the JMS library from 6-7PM.
We are giving the EXPLORE test to 8th grade students this week. Please be quiet and respectful in the halls.
Yearbooks are on sale. The cost is $23. Bring a check made payable to Jefferson Middle School or cash to Mr. Battles in the main office to place your order.
• 6th grade girls basketball ~ practice tomorrow [Wednesday] from 4-5PM
• Cheerleading ~ There has been another change in our game schedule. The game on Thursday is now at 4:30PM. You now must all stay after school for the game!
• 7th/8th grade boys basketball ~ games today at Grant Middle School at 4PM & 5:30PM
• 7th/8th grade volleyball ~ Tryouts will be on December 1st. If you are interested, please attend all days for tryouts to be considered for the team. Times will be announced soon.
There will be a Beta Club meeting Wednesday after school in Mrs. Huffman's room ~ room 113 ~ from 2:40-4PM. We are preparing for our food drive.
Miss Wright's 1st & 3rd hours have determined through intensive investigations that the vanilla ice cream is the food that made the teachers & staff sick! Thanks to everyone who participated and helped.
PRINCIPAL SCHOLAR PROGRAM
Students in the University of Illinois, Principal Scholar Program will not meet again until December.
• Students ~ you should drop off your PE clothes in the locker room at 7:50 AM when you enter the building.
• Students who have PE 4th block need to put their uniforms back on at the end of class. You may not leave the gym for dismissal in your gym clothes.
• Students are not allowed on the stage! The expensive stage curtains are being damaged. Stay off the stage at all times!
It is very important that you come to school everyday! Come to school and be prepared to learn each and every day of the school year. We need to maintain at least a 90% attendance rate for meeting AYP.
Attendance Report for the Previous Day of School
6th Grade - 156 Present - 91% Attendance Rate
7th Grade - 148 Present - 84% Attendance Rate
DONUTS WITH DAD
Donuts with Dad for 8th grade students will be held in the cafeteria at 8AM on Thursday.
Students ~ Please be mindful of getting to class on time. do not dilly dally around in the hall. You have 3 minutes to hurry to class. You are not allowed to go to your locker between classes. If you are dropping off your computer before going to lunch, you are not allowed to go to the cafeteria early. Stay in that classroom until the dismissal bell rings.
PTC FUNDRAISER DELIVERY
The PTC butter braids and candles are scheduled for delivery on Tuesday, November 25th after school.
No passes should be issued during class time! If students are found in the hallway, they will be escorted back to your room.
Don't forget to turn in your PRIDE cards for prizes! There will be another "Out of the Blue" day next week.
Whenever you have a guest teacher, you are to show him/her the same respect as you would your regular teacher. The guest teacher knows the BIST procedures. If you are asked to go to the Safe Seat, you must move to the Safe Seat. If you must be removed from the classroom, you will be escorted to room 109 and issued two after-school detentions.
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property