Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
It is never ok to be disruptive. It is never ok to be hurtful.
Teachers ~ Please check dress code. Anyone out of dress code should be sent to Guidance. Also, check planners to make sure each student has her/his planner and not someone else's planner. THANKS!
TODAY IN HISTORY
On this day in 1961, Bullwinkle J. Moose and his friend Rocket J. (Rocky) Squirrel, were seen in prime time for the first time on NBC-TV. The Sunday night cartoon was called "The Bullwinkle Show."
Main Entree: Mini Corn Dogs; French Fries; Glazed Carrots
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Breakfast Bagels
Remember to turn in your forms and money!
Sack lunches will be provided for students that can no longer charge or do not have forms.
Students ~ You must sit on the correct side of the cafeteria. Lunch detentions will be given if you are on the wrong side!
• Students ~ you should drop off your PE clothes in the locker room at 7:50 AM when you enter the building.
• Students who have PE 4th block need to put their uniforms back on at the end of class. You may not leave the gym for dismissal in your gym clothes.
6th GRADE PHYSICALS
All 6th grade physicals are due now! Please get them in to the office as soon as possible.
It is very important that you come to school everyday! Come to school and be prepared to learn each and every day of the school year. We need to maintain at least a 90% attendance rate for meeting AYP.
Attendance Report For Yesterday
6th Grade - 164 Present - 97% Attendance Rate
7th Grade - 164 Present - 90% Attendance Rate
7th & 8th grade students will receive their laptops on Friday, September 26th. The plan is for 8th grade to have their training during 2nd block, 9:30-11AM and 7th grade during 4th block, 1-2:30PM.
All AUP forms must be signed and turned in so you may participate fully and receive your laptop. Forms can be found on the door of room 116 and in the Guidance Office.
Cheerleading practice will be today from 2:30-4PM. Meet in room 102 right after school. If you are not at practice and you do not talk to Ms. Eastwood or Mrs. Orama about why you can't be there, we will assume you are not on the squad.
No passes should be issued during class time! If students are found in the hallway, they will be escorted back to your room.
JMS requires the following uniform style of dress for all students:
• 3-4 button solid color collared polo shirt in gray, yellow, white, or navy blue
• Solid crewneck sweatshirt in gray, yellow, white, or navy blue (no hood or zipper)
• Solid color pants in khaki, navy blue, or black (no denim, cargo, or sweatpants)
• No baggy clothing - pants must fit at the waist or belt
• No writing, emblems, logos, words, or numbers on clothing
• Capri pants or shorts in khaki, navy blue, or black may be worn until September 30th or after April 30th. Shorts must be at the middle finger length.
• No skirts or dresses (exception - religious objection)
• Excessively long shirts must be tucked in
• The only shirt that may be worn under the uniform shirt is a tucked in short sleeved white t-shirt!
Don't forget to turn in your PRIDE cards for prizes!
Whenever you have a guest teacher, you are to show him/her the same respect as you would your regular teacher. The guest teacher knows the BIST procedures. If you are asked to go to the Safe Seat, you must move to the Safe Seat. If you must be removed from the classroom, you will be escorted to room 109 and issued two after-school detentions.
After the 2:30PM dismissal bell, you must hustle on out to the buses. Once the buses leave, they cannot be called back. The buses have more routes to run for other schools after he/she finishes your route.
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property
READING COMPREHENSION IS OUR FOCUS!