Thursday, August 28, 2008
Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
It is never ok to be disruptive. It is never ok to be hurtful.
This is a 1:30PM dismissal day!
TODAY IN HISTORY
August 28, 1963, Martin Luther King gave his famous speech, "I HAVE A DREAM" in Washington, D.C. in front of an estimated crowd of 300,000 people. This historic day paved the way for the Voting Rights Act of 1964 to be signed into law by President Lyndon Johnson.
Teachers ~ Please check dress code. Anyone out of dress code should be sent to Guidance.
Teachers ~ Please remember to tell your students where to go for SSR.
Main Entree: Chicken Patty; BBQ Riblet Patty; Au Gratin Potatoes; Green Beans
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Yogurt or Cereal
Please turn in all lunch applications to Ms. Mary in the cafeteria as soon as possible.
• Sports physicals will be offered at JMS on Monday, September 4th at 2:45 PM. The fee will be $10.
• There will be 7th & 8th grade girls basketball tryouts on Tuesday, Sept. 2nd from 2:30 - 4 PM. Please come dressed in gym shorts, t-shirts, & gym shoes. Any girl can tryout, even if you weren't on the team last year!
6TH GRADE STUDENTS
All 6th grade students must have a physical. check your book bags and your lockers for physical forms and turn them in to either Mrs. P. or Nurse Janet in the main office.
It is very important that you come to school everyday! Come to school and be prepared to learn each and every day of the school year.
We will be having a friendly competition between grade levels for the best attendance rate. Here's the report from yesterday.
6th Grade - 5 absent - 97.13% attendance rate
7th Grade - 6 absent - 96.83% attendance rate
8th Grade - 8 absent - 95.92% attendance rate
No passes should be issued during class time! If students are found in the hallway, they will be escorted back to your room.
JMS requires the following uniform style of dress for all students:
• 3-4 button solid color collared polo shirt in gray, yellow, white, or navy blue
• Solid crewneck sweatshirt in gray, yellow, white, or navy blue (no hood or zipper)
• Solid color pants in khaki, navy blue, or black (no denim, cargo, or sweatpants)
• No baggy clothing - pants must fit at the waist or belt
• No writing, emblems, logos, words, or numbers on clothing
• Capri pants or shorts in khaki, navy blue, or black may be worn until September 30th or after April 30th. Shorts must be at the middle finger length.
• No skirts or dresses (exception - religious objection)
• Excessively long shirts must be tucked in
• The only shirt that may be worn under the uniform shirt is a tucked in short sleeved white t-shirt!
Our fall fund raiser kicked off on Monday! All orders must be paid for in advance. Checks should be made payable to Jefferson Middle School. The last day to turn in your orders and money will be Monday, September 8th. No late orders will be accepted! Delivery will be in approximately 3 weeks after the orders are submitted.
Remember to thank everyone for supporting Jefferson Middle School!
Great job on creating your school expectation posters! Please start hanging them in the halls. Judging will be done on Friday morning.
Don't forget to turn in your PRIDE cards for prizes!
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property
READING COMPREHENSION IS OUR FOCUS!