Friday, May 16, 2008
Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
Remember: It is not ok to disrupt class. It is not ok to be hurtful to others!
Keep your hands, feet & other objects to yourself!
No passes should be issued during class time! If students are found in the hallway, they will be escorted back to your room.
Main Entree: Taco Burgers; French Fries
A la Carte: Closed
All charges are to be paid next week. There will be no more charges starting Monday.
Students ~ when you are in the cafeteria for breakfast, you must eat. You may not just sit there and socialize!
Crystal Light packages are not allowed in the classrooms! They are not to leave the cafeteria.
When the 5 minute bell rings in the morning, you are to go to your 1st hour class. Many students are loitering in the halls long after the 8AM bell rings. The tardy policy will be enforced for all hours of the day and for all classes. THIS INCLUDES GYM CLASSES.
When you have received a 6th tardy, you will face an out-of-school suspension. That suspension will result in you not being eligible for the end-of-the-year field trips!
• Members who are ineligible on Monday will not be allowed to go on the field trip.
• Permission slips must be turned in by Wednesday.
• Money must be turned by Wednesday.
• Mrs. Stearns needs a count of how many are going today.
• Track uniforms should be cleaned, folded and returned to either Coach Blunk or Coach Taylor this week. Please put them in a bag with your name on them if you are not giving them directly to the coaches.
All boys interested in playing in a 3-on-3 tournament this summer should stop by room 214 to pick up an application from Mr. Hamilton. Applications are limited!
Any 6th grade boy interested in playing JFL football should attend an informational meeting on Monday during lunch. Location has not been determined yet.
NATIONAL MINORITY HEALTH MONTH CONTEST
To commemorate National Minority Health Month, the Springfield Urban League, Inc. is sponsoring a public service announcement (PSA) contest for all Springfield middle school students. Participating students will create a public service announcement to communicate positive messages to their peers on various public health issues. The students are to use their creativity to educate, inspire, and motivate their peers to take action on important public health issues. The announcement can be in the form of a poster, video, or audio. All JMS students are encouraged to participate.
For more information and to get an entry form, see Mrs. Lawrence in the guidance office. All entries must be submitted to the Urban League by May 16, 2008.
Today is the 8th grade dance. Only JMS 8th grade students may attend this dance. We will have a cook-out beginning at 5:30PM. The dance will continue until 8PM. Admission to the dance and food at the cook-out will be free. Pictures will be available for $3 each.
FIELD TRIP MONEY
Students need to start turning in money for the end of the year field trips!
Girls who are interested in a babysitting clinic should see Mrs. Gordy in the guidance office for an application.
This is a reminder to ALL students to keep their hands to themselves while at school.
• Students — please be in your seat when the tardy bell rings!
• Hallway behavior is very important. If you run, hit, curse, etc. in the halls, you will receive an after-school detention for 1 1/2 hours. You will also receive one if you roam the halls during class time.
• BIST ~ Teachers are only going to redirect you once! After that, if you do not follow proper classroom procedures, you will be asked to move to the "Safe Seat" in the classroom. Please move to the Safe Seat without arguing. There will be consequences for being sent out of the classroom to a Buddy Room or Recovery.
If you are asked to go to the Safe Seat and you refuse, you will receive at least 2 after-school detentions!
Guest teachers are aware of our BIST procedures. Please respect our guest teachers.
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property
READING COMPREHENSION IS OUR FOCUS!