Thursday, February 14, 2008
Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
BLACK HISTORY MONTH
Black History Month began on February 1. Each day you will be given a multiple-choice question to answer. If you know or research the answer during the day, place the answer on a half sheet of paper with your first and last name along with your first hour teacher's name. Students who have the correct answer will receive a small prize in honor of their knowledge.
You must have your answer in the mailbox by the library door by 8AM the following morning before the question's answer is give on the announcements. If all the required information is not on the half sheet of paper, no prize will be awarded.
The first African American woman to be licensed as an architect in the United States was ...
A. Patricia Roberts Harris
B. Edith Spurlock Sampson
C. Norma Merrick Sklarek
The answer to Wednesday's question:
Herb Boyd, the author of the song "We Shall Overcome" is an award winning author, journalist and teacher who has written nine books and hundreds of articles for leading magazines and newspapers.
Remember: It is not ok to disrupt class. It is not ok to be hurtful to others!
Keep your hands, feet & other objects to yourself!
JMS INSTRUCTIONAL FOCUS
Do you know what Jefferson's schoolwide instructional focus is? Ask your teachers!
TEACHERS: Please check dress code this morning. Any student who has a dress code violation should be sent to room 110, the Guidance Office. Students will receive detentions for being out of dress code.
7th graders who have PE 1st hour: you must come to school in dress code and then change into your PE clothes!
Main Entree: BBQ Rib Sandwiches; Broccoli Cheese Rice; Corn on the Cob
Chips will be sold at the registers.
Tomorrow's breakfast will be donut holes.
J-Jazz girls: pick up your dresses today to take home for Saturday. Mrs. Charneski has bags for you to use.
Full 6th grade band today!
There will be practice today from 2:30-4PM. Meet in room 206. We will practice and discuss t-shirts. See Ms. Wright or Mrs. Horstman if you have any questions.
6th grade volleyball ~ you have practice today from 4-5PM if you are riding the activity bus or 4-6PM if you are providing your own ride. You must leave the building after school and return at 4PM for your practice.
The Valentine's Day dance will be held tomorrow after school from 2:30-4PM. You must purchase your admission ticket in advance during lunch today or tomorrow. Admission is $3. The No Dance list will be posted today.
Mr. Colgren will be in the trophy case in the main lobby today during all lunch shifts. Come see him in his pajamas! Heart-felt messages for him can be purchased for 25¢ each.
• Please turn in all applications for Southeast's Health and Science Academy to Mrs. Lawrence by Friday.
• 6th & 7th grade students must turn in their registration form for next year! Administrative lunch detentions will be given to students until their form is turned in.
This is a reminder to ALL students to keep their hands to themselves while at school.
• Students — please be in your seat when the tardy bell rings!
• Hallway behavior is very important. If you run, hit, curse, etc. in the halls, you will receive an after-school detention for 1 1/2 hours. You will also receive one if you roam the halls during class time.
• BIST ~ Teachers are only going to redirect you once! After that, if you do not follow proper classroom procedures, you will be asked to move to the "Safe Seat" in the classroom. Please move to the Safe Seat without arguing. There will be consequences for being sent out of the classroom to a Buddy Room or Recovery.
If you are asked to go to the Safe Seat and you refuse, you will receive at least 2 after-school detentions!
Guest teachers are aware of our BIST procedures. Please respect our guest teachers.
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property
READING COMPREHENSION IS OUR FOCUS!