Monday, February 4, 2008
Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
BLACK HISTORY MONTH
Black History Month began on February 1, but since we were not in school on that day, today will be the first of our daily questions to celebrate this rich heritage.
Each day you will be given a multiple-choice question to answer. If you know or research the answer during the day, place the answer on a half sheet of paper with your first and last name along with your first hour teacher's name. Students who have the correct answer will receive a small prize in honor of their knowledge.
You must have your answer in the mailbox by the library door by 8AM the following morning before the question's answer is give on the announcements. If all the required information is not on the half sheet of paper, no prize will be awarded.
The Father of Black History coined this phrase, "Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is your best." Who was he?
A. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
B. Julian Bond
C. Carter G. Woodson
Remember: It is not ok to disrupt class. It is not ok to be hurtful to others!
Keep your hands, feet & other objects to yourself!
JMS INSTRUCTIONAL FOCUS
Do you know what Jefferson's schoolwide instructional focus is? Ask your teachers!
TEACHERS: Please check dress code this morning. Any student who has a dress code violation should be sent to room 110, the Guidance Office. Students will receive detentions for being out of dress code.
7th graders who have PE 1st hour: you must come to school in dress code and then change into your PE clothes!
Main Entree: Tacos & French Fries
A la Carte: Cheese Sauce 30¢
6th & 7th graders: registration forms are due in the Guidance Office by February 8th. You must turn in your form in order to be registered for school next year.
• Good luck to the 7th & 8th grade volleyball teams as they compete against St. Agnes today at 3:30PM here at Jefferson. All players must be with an adult after school if you are not going home. You can come to room 206 with Coach Southard. Please bring work and be in room 206 by 2:35PM.
• If anyone is interested, we have YMCA flag football registration forms in the main office.
PRIDE CLUB NEWS
• The PRIDE Club will meet during lunch in the library. Please bring your art supplies.
• Fill the jar of the assistant principal you want to see in the trophy case on Valentine's Day during lunch — in their PJs! Starting tomorrow, the PRIDE Club will be in the lobby all week during lunch shifts collecting money in the jars of your favorite assistant principal. The one that collects the most money will sit in the trophy case on Valentine's Day in their PJs through all 3 lunch shifts.
There will be J-Jazz practice today after school. If you are going to contest, you must turn in your signed form and money this week.
There will be Scholastic Bowl practice tomorrow after school in room 206. See Ms. Wright or Mrs. Horstman if you have any questions.
This is a reminder to ALL students to keep their hands to themselves while at school.
• Students — please be in your seat when the tardy bell rings!
• Hallway behavior is very important. If you run, hit, curse, etc. in the halls, you will receive an after-school detention for 1 1/2 hours. You will also receive one if you roam the halls during class time.
• BIST ~ Teachers are only going to redirect you once! After that, if you do not follow proper classroom procedures, you will be asked to move to the "Safe Seat" in the classroom. Please move to the Safe Seat without arguing. There will be consequences for being sent out of the classroom to a Buddy Room or Recovery.
If you are asked to go to the Safe Seat and you refuse, you will receive at least 2 after-school detentions!
Guest teachers are aware of our BIST procedures. Please respect our guest teachers.
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property
READING COMPREHENSION IS OUR FOCUS!