Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
Remember: It is not ok to disrupt class. It is not ok to be hurtful to others!
Keep your hands, feet & other objects to yourself!
JMS INSTRUCTIONAL FOCUS
Do you know what Jefferson's schoolwide instructional focus is? Ask your teachers!
TEACHERS: Please check dress code this morning. Any student who has a dress code violation should be sent to room 110, the Guidance Office. Students will receive detentions for being out of dress code.
7th graders who have PE 1st hour: you must come to school in dress code and then change into your PE clothes!
Main Entree: Salisbury Steak; Mashed Potatoes & Gravy; Corn
A la Carte will be open - funnel cakes for 60¢!
There will be a nacho sale tomorrow during all lunch shifts. Nachos will be sold for $1.
All 6th grade band today during 6th hour!
J-Jazz will meet tomorrow after school. Attendance will determine if we go to competition. Members who were not here yesterday need to see Mrs. Charneski today.
All 8th grade students should return the AVID forms by Thursday and their high school registration forms by Friday. Please give them to Mrs. Lawrence.
REFERRAL FREE REWARD
Congratulations to the almost 400 students who were referral free during 2nd quarter. You will enjoy a movie and popcorn today.
6th grade: 1st & 2nd hr
7th grade: 6th & 7th hr
8th grade: 4th & 5th hr
• 8th grade boys basketball players need to leave after school and return at 5:30PM.
• 6th grade volleyball: NO practice today due to Science Fair
JMS Science Fair is tonight from 6-8PM in the gym. Students' project boards will be displayed and awards will be given to every student. Make plans to attend!
This is a reminder to ALL students to keep their hands to themselves while at school.
• Students — when guests, administrators, or other teachers enter the classroom, please continue with your lesson. Do not speak to or call out to the visitors, just keep working and paying attention to your teacher.
• Students — please be in your seat when the tardy bell rings! A 3rd tardy will result in 2 full administrative lunch detentions. A 4th tardy will result in an after-school detention. Once you are in the classroom, you must stay in the classroom. If you need a drink or need to use the restroom, go before you enter your next class.
• Hallway behavior is very important. If you run, hit, curse, etc. in the halls, you will receive an after-school detention for 1 1/2 hours. You will also receive one if you roam the halls during class time.
• BIST ~ Teachers are only going to redirect you once! After that, if you do not follow proper classroom procedures, you will be asked to move to the "Safe Seat" in the classroom. Please move to the Safe Seat without arguing. There will be consequences for being sent out of the classroom to a Buddy Room or Recovery.
If you are asked to go to the Safe Seat and you refuse, you will receive at least 2 after-school detentions!
Guest teachers are aware of our BIST procedures. Please respect our guest teachers. If you must be removed from a classroom that has a guest teacher, you will receive a minimum of 2 after-school detentions!
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property
READING COMPREHENSION IS OUR FOCUS!