Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
Remember: It is not ok to disrupt class. It is not ok to be hurtful to others!
Keep your hands, feet & other objects to yourself!
JMS INSTRUCTIONAL FOCUS
Do you know what Jefferson's schoolwide instructional focus is? Ask your teachers!
TEACHERS: Please check dress code this morning. Any student who has a dress code violation should be sent to room 110, the Guidance Office. Students will receive detentions for being out of dress code.
Sweatshirts must be worn the proper way — not inside out!
Girls may not wear camisoles under their uniform shirts. The only thing that can be worn under a uniform shirt is a plain white t-shirt that is tucked in! No long sleeved shirts are to be worn under your short sleeved uniform polo shirt.
Hoodies may not be worn in class!
7th graders who have PE 1st hour: you must come to school in dress code and then change into your PE clothes!
Main Entree: Mini Corn Dogs; Cheesy Potatoes; Green Beans
Students ~ remember to sit on the correct side of the cafeteria by your last name — A-K or L-Z. If you are on the wrong side, you will receive an administrative lunch detention!
All food and drink must be kept in the cafeteria. It does not go outside! When you leave the cafeteria, you must go directly outside.
Students ~ please remember to bring your coat with you to the cafeteria at lunch! You will not be allowed to go back to you locker. We go outside all year!
Students ~ 2nd semester begins today! For all students who took Art during quarter 1 or 2, please stop by the art room after school to pick up any work that was left in the art room. After this Friday, any artwork left in the art room will be thrown away.
6th grade band students: if you are on Mrs. Swaggerty's team, you will have band during 6th hour today. If you are on Mrs. Orama's team, you will have band Thursday during 6th hour.
8th grade will have band tomorrow.
J-Jazz will resume next week with practices on Monday and Wednesday after school. New members will be allowed at this time!
• 7th & 8th grade girls' basketball team members need to turn in their uniforms to Mrs. Wash in room 102 right away.
• Good luck to the 7th & 8th grade girls' volleyball teams as they compete against Grant today at 3:30PM at Jefferson today! All 7th graders need to be here by 3PM. All 8th graders need to be here by 3:10PM.
• Cheerleaders have practice today immediately after school in Mrs. Orama's room! Have a ride by 4:15PM if you are not riding the activity bus.
NED IS COMING!
The Ned Show is coming to Jefferson!
Never give up
Do your best
This assembly will be for JMS 6th graders on Wednesday at 9AM.
JMS yearbooks are on sale now for $35. These are very nice hardback books that will be in full color! The cover will be a candid shot of our 8th grade students. Please see Mr. Battles in the main office to order yours.
Congratulations to the 367 JMS students who were completely referral free for 2nd quarter! 78% of our students had one or less referrals. Great job!
We will be reviewing our PBIS expectations by playing the "Hide the Jaguar" game. Mrs. Rennison will be placing the jaguar next to an expectation that is posted in the building. The first student to find the jaguar should very carefully remove it from the expectation and take it to Mrs. Rennison in the main office. That student will receive a gift certificate to Pizza Hut if he/she can tell her what that expectation is. Good luck!
This is a reminder to ALL students to keep their hands to themselves while at school. Behaviors such as the practice referred to as "peeling" are disruptive to the learning environment and can be dangerous. Students who continue to put their hands on others while outside, in the halls, or in class may be issued an after school detention. "Peeling" is not permitted while at school!
• Students — when guests, administrators, or other teachers enter the classroom, please continue with your lesson. Do not speak to or call out to the visitors, just keep working and paying attention to your teacher.
• Students — please be in your seat when the tardy bell rings! A 3rd tardy will result in 2 full administrative lunch detentions. A 4th tardy will result in an after-school detention. Once you are in the classroom, you must stay in the classroom. If you need a drink or need to use the restroom, go before you enter your next class.
• Hallway behavior is very important. If you run, hit, curse, etc. in the halls, you will receive an after-school detention for 1 1/2 hours. You will also receive one if you roam the halls during class time.
• BIST ~ Teachers are only going to redirect you once! After that, if you do not follow proper classroom procedures, you will be asked to move to the "Safe Seat" in the classroom. Please move to the Safe Seat without arguing. There will be consequences for being sent out of the classroom to a Buddy Room or Recovery.
If you are asked to go to the Safe Seat and you refuse, you will receive at least 2 after-school detentions!
If you must be removed from a classroom that has a "guest" teacher, you will receive a minimum of 2 after-school detentions!
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property
READING COMPREHENSION IS OUR FOCUS!