Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
Remember: It is not ok to disrupt class. It is not ok to be hurtful to others!
Keep your hands, feet & other objects to yourself!
JMS INSTRUCTIONAL FOCUS
Do you know what Jefferson's schoolwide instructional focus is? Ask your teachers!
Snow is to stay on the ground! You are not allowed to throw snow, snowballs, ice, etc. If you choose to throw snow, you will receive 4 after-school detentions!
TEACHERS: Please check dress code this morning. Any student who has a dress code violation should be sent to room 110, the Guidance Office. Students will receive detentions for being out of dress code.
Sweatshirts must be worn the proper way — not inside out!
Girls may not wear camisoles under their uniform shirts. The only thing that can be worn under a uniform shirt is a plain white t-shirt that is tucked in! No long sleeved shirts are to be worn under your short sleeved uniform polo shirt.
Hoodies may not be worn in class!
7th graders who have PE 1st hour: you must come to school in dress code and then change into your PE clothes!
Main Entree: Chicken Nuggets; French Fries; Green Beans
Chips will be sold at the registers.
Tomorrow we will be having our turkey Christmas dinner!
Students ~ remember to sit on the correct side of the cafeteria by your last name — A-K or L-Z. If you are on the wrong side, you will receive an administrative lunch detention!
All food and drink must be kept in the cafeteria. It does not go outside! When you leave the cafeteria, you must go directly outside.
Students ~ please remember to bring your coat with you to the cafeteria at lunch! You will not be allowed to go back to you locker. We go outside all year!
There will be a nacho sale today during all lunch shifts. Nachos ~ $1
If you were on the girls' basketball team and were given a gym locker for the season, please clean out the locker and return the lock to Ms. Willis by Friday.
76% of our student body had ZERO referrals last month! Keep up the great work. The 2nd quarter referral free reward is coming!
There will be practice today for the 6th grade volleyball team from 4-5PM. Enter through the back gym doors. You must leave school at 2:30 and then come back for practice. You may not stay after school! There will be an activity bus at 5PM.
SSRW BOOK COUPONS
Friday is our SSRW book give away day! All SSRW coupons need to be put in the box right inside the library.
If you have library books in your locker, please get them returned to the library today. If you want to renew them for vacation, do it today at lunch.
If you have books you no longer want and would like to donate them to the library for the used book sale, give them to Mrs. Boosinger. The sale will be in January.
WINTER BREAK BOOGIE
There will be a Southeast Poms Camp Saturday, January 5th from 9AM-2PM in the Southeast gym. The $20 registration fee includes a t-shirt. Boys are welcome to attend as well. Pick up a registration form in the main office if you are interested!
For more information, contact Karmen Goodrich at email@example.com or call SE High School.
• Beta members: December hours are due at our meeting today.
• Candy-Grams will be sold during lunch shifts for 25¢! All you have to do is write your name, who it is to, and their 7th hour classroom/teacher. You can also write a personalized message. They will receive a candy cane along with the candy-gram on Friday during 7th hour.
• Convention: If you are going to the convention in January, you must have your money and permission papers turned in. You can turn them in to Katelynn or Mrs. Stearns.
• Our last meeting for 1st semester is today in Mr. Harris's room — room 121. Our pins and certificates are ready!
JMS yearbooks are on sale now for $35. These are very nice hardback books that will be in full color! The cover will be a candid shot of our 8th grade students. Please see Mr. Battles in the main office to order yours.
This is a reminder to ALL students to keep their hands to themselves while at school. Behaviors such as the practice referred to as "peeling" are disruptive to the learning environment and can be dangerous. Students who continue to put their hands on others while outside, in the halls, or in class may be issued an after school detention. "Peeling" is not permitted while at school!
• Students — when guests, administrators, or other teachers enter the classroom, please continue with your lesson. Do not speak to or call out to the visitors, just keep working and paying attention to your teacher.
• Students — please be in your seat when the tardy bell rings! A 3rd tardy will result in 2 full administrative lunch detentions. A 4th tardy will result in an after-school detention. Once you are in the classroom, you must stay in the classroom. If you need a drink or need to use the restroom, go before you enter your next class.
• Hallway behavior is very important. If you run, hit, curse, etc. in the halls, you will receive an after-school detention for 1 1/2 hours. You will also receive one if you roam the halls during class time.
• BIST ~ Teachers are only going to redirect you once! After that, if you do not follow proper classroom procedures, you will be asked to move to the "Safe Seat" in the classroom. Please move to the Safe Seat without arguing. There will be consequences for being sent out of the classroom to a Buddy Room or Recovery.
If you are asked to go to the Safe Seat and you refuse, you will receive at least 2 after-school detentions!
If you must be removed from a classroom that has a "guest" teacher, you will receive a minimum of 2 after-school detentions!
The following students have had their PRIDE cards drawn and may pick up their prizes in the main office today after school:
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property
READING COMPREHENSION IS OUR FOCUS!