Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
Remember: It is not ok to disrupt class. It is not ok to be hurtful to others!
Keep your hands, feet & other objects to yourself!
JMS INSTRUCTIONAL FOCUS
Do you know what Jefferson's schoolwide instructional focus is? Ask your teachers!
Snow is to stay on the ground! You are not allowed to throw snow, snowballs, ice, etc. If you choose to throw snow, you will receive 4 after-school detentions!
TEACHERS: Please check dress code this morning. Any student who has a dress code violation should be sent to room 110, the Guidance Office. Students will receive detentions for being out of dress code.
Girls may not wear camisoles under their uniform shirts. The only thing that can be worn under a uniform shirt is a plain white t-shirt that is tucked in! No long sleeved shirts are to be worn under your short sleeved uniform polo shirt.
Hoodies may not be worn in class!
Students ~ remember to sit on the correct side of the cafeteria by your last name — A-K or L-Z. If you are on the wrong side, you will receive an administrative lunch detention!
All food and drink must be kept in the cafeteria. It does not go outside! When you leave the cafeteria, you must go directly outside.
Students ~ please remember to bring your coat with you to the cafeteria at lunch! You will not be allowed to go back to you locker. We go outside all year!
There will be a Nacho Sale at lunch on Thursday!
There will be a short 5 minute Beta meeting with 8th grade members at lunch today. The meeting will be held in room 220.
• Beta members: bring in your November Beta hours, turn them in to Mrs. Stearns or Alexus Berry. December hours are due on December 19th at our next meeting.
• Canned food drive: start bringing in those canned food and non-perishable items. You'll feel good knowing you helped out. Take your canned food to the main lobby — not your history class! The grade level that brings in the most items will be reward with an extended recess. Currently 6th & 8th grades are tied for 1st place! 7th grade has none.
• Everyone who worked at the Holiday Store last night did a great job! If you are working tonight, be there by 5:45PM. Make sure you have a ride home at 8PM.
• Convention: If you are going to the convention in January, you must have your money and permission papers turned in. You can turn them in to Katelynn or Mrs. Stearns.
• Our last meeting for 1st semester is on December 19th. If you are bringing snacks, make sure you don't forget!
Our next dance will be held from 2:30-4PM on Friday. Admission tickets will be sold in advance during lunch shifts today, Thursday, & Friday. Tickets are $3 each.
BARNES & NOBLE FUNDRAISER
The Barnes & Noble fundraiser kick off last night went extremely well! We had a good crowd. Thank you to the J-Jazz choir and cheerleaders — what a great performance! Keep encouraging your family and friends to go out and make purchases through December 11th and be sure to mention JMS when they check out.
JMS yearbooks are on sale now for $35. These are very nice hardback books that will be in full color! The cover will be a candid shot of our 8th grade students. Please see Mr. Battles in the main office to order yours.
This is a reminder to ALL students to keep their hands to themselves while at school. Behaviors such as the practice referred to as "peeling" are disruptive to the learning environment and can be dangerous. Students who continue to put their hands on others while outside, in the halls, or in class may be issued an after school detention. "Peeling" is not permitted while at school!
• Students — when guests, administrators, or other teachers enter the classroom, please continue with your lesson. Do not speak to or call out to the visitors, just keep working and paying attention to your teacher.
• Students — please be in your seat when the tardy bell rings! A 3rd tardy will result in 2 full administrative lunch detentions. A 4th tardy will result in an after-school detention. Once you are in the classroom, you must stay in the classroom. If you need a drink or need to use the restroom, go before you enter your next class.
• Hallway behavior is very important. If you run, hit, curse, etc. in the halls, you will receive an after-school detention for 1 1/2 hours. You will also receive one if you roam the halls during class time.
• BIST ~ Teachers are only going to redirect you once! After that, if you do not follow proper classroom procedures, you will be asked to move to the "Safe Seat" in the classroom. Please move to the Safe Seat without arguing. There will be consequences for being sent out of the classroom to a Buddy Room or Recovery.
If you are asked to go to the Safe Seat and you refuse, you will receive at least 2 after-school detentions!
If you must be removed from a classroom that has a "guest" teacher, you will receive a minimum of 2 after-school detentions!
The following students have had their PRIDE cards drawn and have won free admission to the dance on Friday:
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property
READING COMPREHENSION IS OUR FOCUS!