Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
Remember: It is not ok to disrupt class. It is not ok to be hurtful to others!
Keep your hands, feet & other objects to yourself!
JMS INSTRUCTIONAL FOCUS
Do you know what Jefferson's schoolwide instructional focus is? Ask your teachers!
We do not want to interrupt the EXPLORE test with announcements. As soon as announcements are over, please send students who need a picture retaken to the stage in the gym — all grades! Teachers have a list of students.
ALERT!!!! Everyone should be wearing long pants to school. Capris will no longer be allowed to be worn until the spring.
TEACHERS: Please check dress code this morning. Any student who has a dress code violation should be sent to room 110, the Guidance Office. Students will receive detentions for being out of dress code.
Girls may not wear camisoles under their uniform shirts. The only thing that can be worn under a uniform shirt is a plain white t-shirt that is tucked in! No long sleeved shirts are to be worn under your short sleeved uniform polo shirt.
Hoodies may not be worn in class!
Students ~ you must wear shoes in the classroom and in the halls!
Congratulations to Mrs. Coliver on the birth of her grandchild on Monday!
Main Entree: Gyros, French Fries, Mixed Vegetables
Chips will be sold at the registers.
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Donuts
Students ~ remember to sit on the correct side of the cafeteria by your last name — A-K or L-Z. If you are on the wrong side, you will receive an administrative lunch detention!
Just a reminder ~ all accounts must be paid by Thanksgiving break!
All food and drink must be kept in the cafeteria. It does not go outside! When you leave the cafeteria, you must go directly outside.
Students ~ please remember to bring your coat with you to the cafeteria at lunch! You will not be allowed to go back to you locker. We go outside all year!
6th grade band Friday: 1st hour ~ all members
J-Jazz girls ~ someone left a pair of blue tinted glasses in room 122 last evening. Please come and pick those up.
Retake day is today and is only for:
• absent kids on the original picture day
• kids who bring their packet to exchange for a new one
• kids who bring money to buy a new packet
Students who want to buy a packet need to get the form from the guidance office.
Students who are new to Beta Club this year must have their $13 turned in to Mrs. Stearns in room 222 or Ms. Wells in room 220 by next Wednesday, November 21st. See Mrs. Stearns with any questions. Thank you to those who have already turned in their money!
6th grade girls have basketball practice today from 5-6PM.
JMS yearbooks are on sale now for $35. These are very nice hardback books that will be in full color! The cover will be a candid shot of our 8th grade students. Please see Mr. Battles in the main office to order yours.
Our next school event is a skating party at Skateland South.
DATE: November 27th
COST: $3 admission; $2 skate rental
BARNES & NOBLE FUNDRAISER
The kick-off for the week-long fundraiser at Barnes & Noble will be on Wednesday, November 28th from 5-7PM and will continue through December 4th. A percentage of the sales during this week will be given to Jefferson.
This is a reminder to ALL students that it is NOT okay to hit or kick others outside, in the hallways, or in the classrooms before, during, and after the lunch hours or school hours! Any behavior that threatens the safety and well-being of another student will not be tolerated at Jefferson. Games in which a group of students target individuals, such as "mosh pit," may be considered bullying or group intimidation and disciplined accordingly. We are counting on all students to show respect by keeping their hands and feet to themselves while outside and in the hallways, today and for the remainder of the school year.
• Students — when guests, administrators, or other teachers enter the classroom, please continue with your lesson. Do not speak to or call out to the visitors, just keep working and paying attention to your teacher.
• Students — please be in your seat when the tardy bell rings! A 3rd tardy will result in 2 full administrative lunch detentions. A 4th tardy will result in an after-school detention. Once you are in the classroom, you must stay in the classroom. If you need a drink or need to use the restroom, go before you enter your next class.
• Hallway behavior is very important. If you run, hit, curse, etc. in the halls, you will receive an after-school detention for 1 1/2 hours. You will also receive one if you roam the halls during class time.
• BIST ~ Teachers are only going to redirect you once! After that, if you do not follow proper classroom procedures, you will be asked to move to the "Safe Seat" in the classroom. Please move to the Safe Seat without arguing. There will be consequences for being sent out of the classroom to a Buddy Room or Recovery.
If you must be removed from a classroom that has a "guest" teacher, you will receive a minimum of 2 after-school detentions!
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property
READING COMPREHENSION IS OUR FOCUS!