Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
Remember: It is not ok to disrupt class. It is not ok to be hurtful to others!
Keep your hands, feet & other objects to yourself!
JMS INSTRUCTIONAL FOCUS
Do you know what Jefferson's schoolwide instructional focus is? Ask your teachers!
ALERT!!!! Everyone should be wearing long pants to school. Capris will no longer be allowed to be worn until the spring.
TEACHERS: Please check dress code this morning. Any student who has a dress code violation should be sent to room 110, the Guidance Office. Students will receive detentions for being out of dress code.
Girls may not wear camisoles under their uniform shirts. The only thing that can be worn under a uniform shirt is a plain white t-shirt that is tucked in! No long sleeved shirts are to be worn under your short sleeved uniform polo shirt.
Hoodies may not be worn in class!
Students ~ you must wear shoes in the classroom and in the halls!
Main Entree: Chilli, French Fries
A la Carte: Cheese Sauce 25¢ & Jello Cups 25¢
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Biscuits & Gravy
Tomorrow's A la Carte: Funnel Cakes
All food and drink must be kept in the cafeteria. It does not go outside! When you leave the cafeteria, you must go directly outside.
Students ~ please remember to bring your coat with you to the cafeteria at lunch! You will not be allowed to go back to you locker. We go outside all year!
6th grade band Tuesday: 2nd hour ~ all students with coats but no instruments
J-Jazz will practice after school today. This will be the only practice this week so be there!
Come to Mrs. Orama's room [room 103] immediately after school today.
6th grade girls' basketball team played Lincoln Magnet on Saturday. B team won 14-12. Kala W. was the high scorer with 6 points and Elizabeth F. had 4 points. A team was defeated but played a good game. Shirley J. was the high scorer with 6 points!
SPRINGFIELD URBAN LEAGUE HONORS JMS STUDENTS
At the Springfield Urban League dinner at the Hilton on Friday night two Jefferson students were honored for their outstanding academic achievement at JMS. Congratulations to Demillio Lester and Micah Smith!
Retake day is November 15th and is only for:
• absent kids on the original picture day
• kids who bring their packet to exchange for a new one
• kids who bring money to buy a new packet
OCTOBER ATTENDANCE CHALLENGE
Congratulations to the 7th grade! Your grade had 93% attendance for the month of October. You will be rewarded with an extra recess sometime this week. Great job!
JMS yearbooks are on sale now for $35. These are very nice hardback books that will be in full color! The cover will be a candid shot of our 8th grade students. Please see Mr. Battles in the main office to order yours.
Now that the 7th grade students have their MacBooks, there have been several questions about CDs, DVDs, and flash drives. Students may not use audio CDs or DVDs on their computers. Computer use is to be for instructional purposes. Flash drives may not be used because they can expose the laptops and our network to viruses and other problems.
Your laptop bag must be carried with the strap across your chest even if it is empty!
The Halloween dance has been re-scheduled for November 9th immediately after school. If you have had 3 or more "buddy room" visits or if you have been suspended during October, you will not be able to attend the dance.
This is a reminder to ALL students that it is NOT okay to hit or kick others outside, in the hallways, or in the classrooms before, during, and after the lunch hours or school hours! Any behavior that threatens the safety and well-being of another student will not be tolerated at Jefferson. Games in which a group of students target individuals, such as "mosh pit," may be considered bullying or group intimidation and disciplined accordingly. We are counting on all students to show respect by keeping their hands and feet to themselves while outside and in the hallways, today and for the remainder of the school year.
• Students — when guests, administrators, or other teachers enter the classroom, please continue with your lesson. Do not speak to or call out to the visitors, just keep working and paying attention to your teacher.
• Students — please be in your seat when the tardy bell rings! A 3rd tardy will result in 2 full administrative lunch detentions. A 4th tardy will result in an after-school detention. Once you are in the classroom, you must stay in the classroom. If you need a drink or need to use the restroom, go before you enter your next class.
• Hallway behavior is very important. If you run, hit, curse, etc. in the halls, you will receive an after-school detention for 1 1/2 hours. You will also receive one if you roam the halls during class time.
• BIST ~ Teachers are only going to redirect you once! After that, if you do not follow proper classroom procedures, you will be asked to move to the "Safe Seat" in the classroom. Please move to the Safe Seat without arguing. There will be consequences for being sent out of the classroom to a Buddy Room or Recovery.
If you must be removed from a classroom that has a "guest" teacher, you will receive a minimum of 2 after-school detentions!
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property
READING COMPREHENSION IS OUR FOCUS!