Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
PBIS Cool Tool for the Week:
Locker Expectations ~ you may only visit your locker before school, before & after lunch, and after school. Treat your locker with respect!
Remember: It is not ok to disrupt class. It is not ok to be hurtful to others!
Keep your hands, feet & other objects to yourself!
JMS INSTRUCTIONAL FOCUS
Do you know what Jefferson's schoolwide instructional focus is? Ask your teachers!
ALERT!!!! Starting today, everyone should be wearing long pants to school. Capris will no longer be allowed to be worn until the spring.
TEACHERS: Please check dress code this morning. Any student who has a dress code violation should be sent to room 110, the Guidance Office. Students will receive detentions for being out of dress code.
Girls may not wear camisoles under their uniform shirts. The only thing that can be worn under a uniform shirt is a plain white t-shirt that is tucked in!
No shorts may be worn at this time of the year. Mr. Zimmers will be on top of the weather report and will announce any exceptions.
Hoodies may not be worn in class!
Students ~ you must wear shoes in the classroom and in the halls!
Main Entree: Sloppy Joe's; Au Gratin Potatoes; Green Beans
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Sausage & Hash Browns
All food and drink must be kept in the cafeteria. It does not go outside! When you leave the cafeteria, you must go directly outside.
6th grade band Wednesday: 1st hour ~ flutes; 2nd hour ~ percussion
J-Jazz will practice after school tomorrow.
• 6th grade girls' basketball will have practice tonight at Hazel Dell from 6-7:30PM.
• There will be practice today for 6th grade boys' basketball from 5-6PM. Remember ~ there is not an activity bus. You will have to find a ride to and from practice.
THE MACBOOKS ARE HERE!
The 7th grade roll-out was a huge success yesterday! Those students who have not purchased a laptop bag or turned in a signed AUP should do so as soon as possible.
All 6th, 7th, & 8th grade students are invited to join our 1st Beta Club meeting this Wednesday right after school in the library. Beta Club is a service organization. You must have a 3.5 GPA or above. There will be an activity bus to take you home at 4PM.
6TH GRADE REWARD
The 6th grade will be rewarded for winning the September Attendance Challenge with an extra recess today during 7th hour at 2PM. Congratulations!
The Scholastic Book Fair will be set up in the library all week. You may visit the book fair during your lunch shift. Tell your parents that the book fair will be open during parent/teacher conferences.
The Halloween dance has been re-scheduled for November 9th. You will be able to wear your costume to the dance. If you have had 3 or more "buddy room" visits or if you have been suspended during this month, you will not be able to attend the dance.
SOLDIERS' ANGELS PENNIES FOR HEROES
Jefferson is participating in the Soldiers' Angels Pennies for Heroes campaign. There will be a container on the snack cart. Please bring your change and help us out.
This is a reminder to ALL students that it is NOT okay to hit or kick others outside, in the hallways, or in the classrooms before, during, and after the lunch hours or school hours! Any behavior that threatens the safety and well-being of another student will not be tolerated at Jefferson. Games in which a group of students target individuals, such as "mosh pit," may be considered bullying or group intimidation and disciplined accordingly. We are counting on all students to show respect by keeping their hands and feet to themselves while outside and in the hallways, today and for the remainder of the school year.
• Students — when guests, administrators, or other teachers enter the classroom, please continue with your lesson. Do not speak to or call out to the visitors, just keep working and paying attention to your teacher.
• Students — please be in your seat when the tardy bell rings! A 3rd tardy will result in 2 full administrative lunch detentions. A 4th tardy will result in an after-school detention. Once you are in the classroom, you must stay in the classroom. If you need a drink or need to use the restroom, go before you enter your next class.
• Hallway behavior is very important. If you run, hit, curse, etc. in the halls, you will receive an after-school detention for 1 1/2 hours. You will also receive one if you roam the halls during class time.
• BIST ~ Teachers are only going to redirect you once! After that, if you do not follow proper classroom procedures, you will be asked to move to the "Safe Seat" in the classroom. Please move to the Safe Seat without arguing. There will be consequences for being sent out of the classroom to a Buddy Room or Recovery.
If you must be removed from a classroom that has a "guest" teacher, you will receive a minimum of 2 after-school detentions!
Thursday, October 25th, report cards will be distributed. Tell your parents that parent/teacher conferences are Thursday, October 25th, from 5-8PM and Friday, October 26th, from 8-2:30PM in the gym. No appointments are necessary. Students will not have school on October 26th.
Welcome to Red Ribbon Week! We are celebrating Red Ribbon Week to show our support for being drug-free. Our theme is "Drugs Are No Laughing Matter." Everyone should wear their blue wristband all week long. Prizes will be awarded just for wearing the wristband. In addition, you may guess the number of pieces of Laffy Taffy in the jar on display in the main lobby. If you win, you will receive the candy as your prize!
REFERRAL FREE DANCE
We will be having a dance during 7th hour on Thursday for those students who were referral-free for the entire 1st quarter. Congratulations and keep up the good work!
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property
READING COMPREHENSION IS OUR FOCUS!