Respect yourself. • Respect others. • Respect property.
Remember: It is not ok to disrupt class. It is not ok to be hurtful to others!
JMS INSTRUCTIONAL FOCUS
Do you know what Jefferson's schoolwide instructional focus is? Ask your teachers!
TEACHERS: Please check dress code this morning. Any student who has a dress code violation should be sent to room 110, the Guidance Office. Students will receive detentions for being out of dress code.
Girls may not wear camisoles under their uniform shirts. The only thing that can be worn under a uniform shirt is a plain white t-shirt that is tucked in!
Main Entree: Hot Ham & Swiss Sandwiches; Broccoli Cheese Rice
Tomorrow's Breakfast ~ Breakfast Bagels!!!!
All food and drink must be kept in the cafeteria. It does not go outside! When you leave the cafeteria, you must go directly outside.
Due to unacceptable behavior on the playground at lunch, 7th grade lunch procedures have been changed. Girls will go to the front of the building and line up at the gym lobby doors when the whistle is blown. Boys will go to the back of the building and line up at the cafeteria doors when the whistle is blown.
• Students — please be in your seat when the tardy bell rings! A 3rd tardy will result in 2 full administrative lunch detentions. A 4th tardy will result in an after-school detention.
• Hallway behavior is very important. If you run, hit, curse, etc. in the halls, you will receive an after-school detention for 1 1/2 hours. You will also receive one if you roam the halls during class time.
• BIST ~ Teachers are only going to redirect you once! After that, if you do not follow proper classroom procedures, you will be asked to move to the "Safe Seat" in the classroom. Please move to the Safe Seat without arguing. There will be consequences for being sent out of the classroom to a Buddy Room or Recovery.
If you must be removed from a classroom that has a "guest" teacher, you will receive a minimum of 2 after-school detentions!
• All fund raiser money and order forms are due today. Turn in your packets to your first hour teacher. The first place seller will receive $100 cash! The second place seller will receive $50 cash!
• Our "Welcome Back to School" dance will be held Friday, September 7th, only for JMS students. All JMS students are invited to attend from 6-8 PM. Admission is $3 per student. Please have your parents here by 8 PM to pick you up!
Since the dance is in the evening, you may wear your regular clothes. Please dress appropriately!
J-Jazz choir will begin next Wednesday, September 12th.
Thursday, 6th grade band: 1st hour ~ woodwinds [clarinet, flute, & saxophone]; 2nd hour ~ percussion [drums]; Come to room 122 after checking in with your teacher!
Just a reminder — Kicks discount cards are still available in the main office. The cards cost $10 each for deals on buffet meals and games.
6th grade girls' basketball tryouts will be held Thursday, Sept. 6th, from 4-5 PM. If you have any questions, please see Ms. McCorkle in room 107.
21ST CENTURY PROGRAM
Miss Julie, our 21st Century Site Director, will be in the cafeteria during all lunch shifts with applications today. Please stop by and see her!
Cheerleading tryouts will be held September 18th & 20th. Have a short sideline cheer prepared. Any questions? See Ms. Zubal in room 211 or Mrs. Orama in room 103.
Dr. Sandercock will be here on Wednesday, September 19th, at 2:30 PM to give athletic physicals. The cost is $10. Remember ~ you may practice without having had a physical, but you may not participate in any games or meets until you have had a physical.
The following PRIDE cards have been drawn for free admission to Friday's dance:
You make pick up your prize in the main office after school.
Remember our school expectations:
Respect Yourself • Respect Others • Respect Property
READING COMPREHENSION IS OUR FOCUS!