Monday, August 31, 2015
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a good one!
Jeremy D. & Keagan G.!
Main Entree: Salisbury Steak; Turkey & Gravy; Cold Plates
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Egg & Cheese Taco
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
• If you have a change of address or phone number, please notify Mrs. Frye in the Guidance Office.
• 6th grade students will line up in the morning outside of the cafeteria doors. 7th & 8th grade students will gather on the blacktop behind the school & enter through the blacktop doors.
• Do not leave your binders or books on the floor outside of your lockers. Anything left on the floor will be moved to the Lost & Found.
• Be extra quiet in the halls during lunch shifts.
• In the morning, get your supplies and go directly to your 1st period. Do not wait for your friends.
• Do not share your locker with anyone. Do not share your locker combination with anyone. Be sure to spin your lock after you close your locker. Do not leave the combination set.
CELL PHONE POLICY
All student cell phones must be turned off and concealed during the school day or they will be taken by an administrator.
If you still have an overdue library book from last school year, please find it and return it to Mrs. Groesch. If you have lost the book, please pay your fine. In the future, you will not be allowed to attend any extracurricular after school events if you do not take care of your overdue library books.
Back to School Dance
Start making plans to attend our Back to School Dance on Friday from 2:45-5PM. There will be great music and snacks for sale. Admission will cost $3. Come and have a great time!
For $1, students may wear any color bottoms with their uniform shirt or spirit wear shirt. No holes or rips in jeans — no yoga pants — no pajama pants.
Box Tops 4 Education
Once a month there will be a drawing for a chance to win a free lunch with a guest of honor. Not just a school lunch but a choice of lunch from Arby's, McDonald's, Taco Bell, KFC, or Jimmy John's. If you are interested in entering, just bring in 10 unexpired boxtops, attach them to a Box Top "dollar" form, write your first & last name on the dollar, and turn it in to your first hour teacher. The first winner will be drawn on Wednesday, September 23rd. Make sure to bring the boxtops in by Tuesday, September 22nd. You can get a "dollar" form from your teacher, or there will be extras in Jaguar News in the main lobby.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
• Girls' Basketball
6th, 7th or 8th grade girls' basketball tryouts will be held today, Tuesday and Thursday from 2:45-5PM in the JMS gym. Girls who are interested in making the team must attend all 3 days of tryouts. Team lists will be posted online Friday, September 4th by the end of the school day.
Activity buses will be available or you may make arrangements for your own transportation.
• Cross Country
Cross country will have practice today after school.
• Heart & Sole
Please return your signed contracts ASAP!
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!