Monday, September 14, 2015
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a good one!
Shanice W., David L., & Chloe S.!
Main Entree: Spicy Chicken Patty; Chili; Cold Plate
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Mini Waffles
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
• If you have a change of address or phone number, please notify Mrs. Frye in the Guidance Office.
• 6th grade students will line up in the morning outside of the cafeteria doors. 7th & 8th grade students will gather on the blacktop behind the school & enter through the blacktop doors.
• Do not leave your binders or books on the floor outside of your lockers. Anything left on the floor will be moved to the Lost & Found.
• Be extra quiet in the halls during lunch shifts.
• In the morning, get your supplies and go directly to your 1st period. Do not wait for your friends.
• Do not share your locker with anyone. Do not share your locker combination with anyone. Be sure to spin your lock after you close your locker. Do not leave the combination set.
CELL PHONE POLICY
All student cell phones must be turned off and concealed during the school day or they will be taken by an administrator.
There will be an informational meeting for those interested in being a part of the 2015-16 Yearbook Staff tomorrow after school. There will be an activity bus.
Please plan to attend to find out more information. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Sponsler or Mrs. Goss-Rodgers.
Library Reading Poster Contest
Do you like to draw? Do you like to inspire other people? You need to consider taking part in the JMS Library Reading Poster Contest. We are looking for a poster that encourages kids your age to read and it just may be the poster you draw. All posters entered in the contest will be displayed throughout the school. For more details, be sure to pick up directions in the library on how to be a part of the contest. The latest you can turn in your poster to Mrs. Groesch is October 16 so start now!
2016 8th Grade Washington, D.C. Trip
8th graders interested in going to Washington, D.C. ----> It's not too late to sign up for the trip! See Mr. Craner in room 117 for more information.
JMS T-Shirt Orders
Once again, JMS will be offering Spirit Wear T-shirts that may be worn to school instead of the uniform polo shirt. The deadline for returning order forms & money is Wednesday, September 30th. Please turn it in to your 1st hour teacher or to Mrs. Collier in the main office. A 2nd round of ordering will take place after this first round is completed & distributed.
Remember ~ PE uniforms are being sold for $20 for the shirt & shorts. If you order/have ordered, your student will not be penalized for not having the optional JMS PE uniform. Until the order is delivered, your student should wear any white t-shirt and any dark bottom when dressing for PE.
If you still have an overdue library book from last school year, please find it and return it to Mrs. Groesch. If you have lost the book, please pay your fine. In the future, you will not be allowed to attend any extracurricular after school events if you do not take care of your overdue library books.
Box Tops 4 Education
Once a month there will be a drawing for a chance to win a free lunch with a guest of honor. Not just a school lunch but a choice of lunch from Arby's, McDonald's, Taco Bell, KFC, or Jimmy John's. If you are interested in entering, just bring in 10 unexpired boxtops, attach them to a Box Top "dollar" form, write your first & last name on the dollar, and turn it in to your first hour teacher. The first winner will be drawn on Wednesday, September 23rd. Make sure to bring the boxtops in by Tuesday, September 22nd. You can get a "dollar" form from your teacher, or there will be extras in Jaguar News in the main lobby.
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
• Girls' Basketball
Practice for 6/7/8th grade today from 2:45-5PM.
• Cross Country
Practice today from 2:40-4PM.
6th, 7th & 8th graders: Cheer clinics will be held today & tomorrow after school from 2:30-4PM in the gym.
Cheer tryouts will be Friday from 5PM.
• JMS Basketball Clinic
Date: Saturday, Sept. 19th
Location: JMS Gym
Fee: $30 [non-refundable & includes a t-shirt]
rules of the game
being a student athlete
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!