Wednesday, September 30, 2015
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK EVERY DAY UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT PERMIT •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a good one!
Ezekiel C., Hunter N., & Tayanita V.!
Main Entree: Chicken Nuggets with Bread; French Bread Cheese Pizza
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Sausage & Cheese on a Biscuit
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
• If you have a change of address or phone number, please notify Mrs. Frye in the Guidance Office.
• 6th grade students will line up in the morning outside of the cafeteria doors. 7th & 8th grade students will gather on the blacktop behind the school & enter through the blacktop doors.
• Do not leave your binders or books on the floor outside of your lockers or cafeteria. Anything left on the floor will be moved to the Lost & Found.
• Be extra quiet in the halls during lunch shifts.
• In the morning, get your supplies and go directly to your 1st period. Do not wait for your friends.
• Do not share your locker with anyone. Do not share your locker combination with anyone. Be sure to spin your lock after you close your locker. Do not leave the combination set.
CELL PHONE POLICY
All student cell phones must be turned off and concealed during the school day or they will be taken by an administrator.
Our United Way drive begins today! We will have several activities during the next 2 weeks. We kick off our grade level competition & pie in the face contest today. Be sure to bring in your change! Stay tuned for more info!
Fall Picture Day
JMS fall picture day is Thursday. Information has been sent home. Students may wear any shirt with their uniform pants. Shirts must comply with District dress code.
Do you like to learn new things? Are you interested in helping others? Doe you want to practice your leadership skills? If so, Beta Club is for you! Here's what you can do. Join the Beta Club, a program for students interested in increasing their knowledge and showing leadership for the future. Our first meeting will be Friday after school in room 218.
Show Choir auditions will be held on Tuesday & Thursday next week in room 122 from 2:30-4PM. Students do NOT need to attend both days. Be ready to sing a song of your choice. If you have any questions, see Ms. Harrison.
Students are encouraged to put their PE clothes in their gym lockers in the morning! The PE locker rooms will be open everyday.
If anyone has lost keys, please check with Mrs. Collier in the main office.
Library Reading Poster Contest
Do you like to draw? Do you like to inspire other people? You need to consider taking part in the JMS Library Reading Poster Contest. We are looking for a poster that encourages kids your age to read and it just may be the poster you draw. All posters entered in the contest will be displayed throughout the school. For more details, be sure to pick up directions in the library on how to be a part of the contest. The latest you can turn in your poster to Mrs. Groesch is October 16 so start now!
2016 8th Grade Washington, D.C. Trip
8th graders interested in going to Washington, D.C. ----> It's not too late to sign up for the trip! See Mr. Craner in room 117 for more information.
JMS T-Shirt Orders
Once again, JMS will be offering Spirit Wear T-shirts that may be worn to school instead of the uniform polo shirt. The deadline for returning order forms & money is today. Please turn it in to your 1st hour teacher or to Mrs. Collier in the main office. A 2nd round of ordering will take place after this first round is completed & distributed.
Remember ~ PE uniforms are being sold for $20 for the shirt & shorts. If you order/have ordered, your student will not be penalized for not having the optional JMS PE uniform. Until the order is delivered, your student should wear any white t-shirt and any dark bottom when dressing for PE.
If you still have an overdue library book from last school year, please find it and return it to Mrs. Groesch. If you have lost the book, please pay your fine. In the future, you will not be allowed to attend any extracurricular after school events if you do not take care of your overdue library books.
Box Tops 4 Education
Way to go JMS! We earned $75 so far just by collecting Box Tops. Thank you to everyone who has turned in Box Tops. Your names will stay in the mix for future raffles. There will be another drawing in October so keep collecting those Box Tops!
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
• Heart & Sole
Heart & Sole members should meet in room 218 immediately after school on Tuesdays & Thursdays.
• Girls' Basketball
7th & 8th grade girls HOME basketball games tonight against Decatur Robinson beginning at 6PM.
6th grade girls ~ NO games on Saturday!
• Cross Country
No practice today.
No practice today.
• 6th Grade Boys' Basketball
No practice today.
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!