Tuesday, October 6, 2015
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK EVERY DAY UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT PERMIT •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a good one!
Jessica C. & Blake H.!
Main Entree: Pepperoni Pizza; Chicken Enchiladas; Cold Plate
Tomorrow's Breakfast: Bagel with Peanut Butter or Cream Cheese
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
• If you have a change of address or phone number, please notify Mrs. Frye in the Guidance Office.
• 6th grade students will line up in the morning outside of the cafeteria doors. 7th & 8th grade students will gather on the blacktop behind the school & enter through the blacktop doors.
• Do not leave your binders or books on the floor outside of your lockers or cafeteria. Anything left on the floor will be moved to the Lost & Found.
• Be extra quiet in the halls during lunch shifts.
• In the morning, get your supplies and go directly to your 1st period. Do not wait for your friends.
• Do not share your locker with anyone. Do not share your locker combination with anyone. Be sure to spin your lock after you close your locker. Do not leave the combination set.
• Jackets & hoodies may NOT be worn in the classroom.
• Food should NOT be brought into the classroom.
• All students are expected to carry their binder to all classes including those classes after lunch.
CELL PHONE POLICY
All student cell phones must be turned off and concealed during the school day or they will be taken by an administrator.
Students who signed up to try out for the JMS TV Studio Crew should have received 2 evaluation forms. Please ask 2 of your teachers to fill out the forms. Those teachers will return the completed form to Mrs. Gephart, not to the student.
All forms must be completed and turned in to Mrs. Gephart no later than Friday.
When all forms have been returned, the list of the new studio crew will be posted outside of room 116. New crew members will receive work schedules as soon as the crew has been selected.
Our United Way fund drive continues today. Turn in your change to your 1st hour teacher. The grade level that raises the most money will receive an out of uniform shirt day at a later date. At this time, our 7th grade is in the lead followed by 8th then 7th.
Mr. Sanders is in the pie lead. Keep voting at lunch for the teacher you'd like to see get a pie in the face at the United Way assembly next week!
Picture Retake Day
Picture retake day will be November 5th. Listen for more information.
IMSA will meet today after school in room 202. If you have any questions, see Mrs. Horstman or Ms. Wright.
Science Fair Club
Do you like science? Do you like to research? Are you a 7th or 8th grader? Do you want to create your own experiment? If you answered yes to the questions, then science fair club is for you.
The 1st meeting will be Thursday after school from 2:40-4PM in room 209. If you have any questions, see Ms. Wright or Mrs. Franklin.
Show Choir auditions will be held today & Thursday after school in room 122 from 2:30-4PM. Students do NOT need to attend both days. Be ready to sing a song of your choice. If you have any questions, see Ms. Harrison.
Students are encouraged to put their PE clothes in their gym lockers in the morning! The PE locker rooms will be open everyday.
Lost Keys/Lost Glasses
If anyone has lost keys or glasses, please check with Mrs. Collier in the main office.
Library Reading Poster Contest
Do you like to draw? Do you like to inspire other people? You need to consider taking part in the JMS Library Reading Poster Contest. We are looking for a poster that encourages kids your age to read and it just may be the poster you draw. All posters entered in the contest will be displayed throughout the school. For more details, be sure to pick up directions in the library on how to be a part of the contest. The latest you can turn in your poster to Mrs. Groesch is October 16 so start now!
2016 8th Grade Washington, D.C. Trip
8th graders interested in going to Washington, D.C. ----> It's not too late to sign up for the trip! See Mr. Craner in room 117 for more information.
If you still have an overdue library book from last school year, please find it and return it to Mrs. Groesch. If you have lost the book, please pay your fine. In the future, you will not be allowed to attend any extracurricular after school events if you do not take care of your overdue library books.
Box Tops 4 Education
Way to go JMS! We earned $75 so far just by collecting Box Tops. Thank you to everyone who has turned in Box Tops. Your names will stay in the mix for future raffles. There will be another drawing in October so keep collecting those Box Tops!
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
• Heart & Sole
Heart & Sole members should meet in room 218 immediately after school Tuesdays & Thursdays.
• Girls' Basketball
6th grade girls have practice today from 2:30-5PM.
7/8th grade girls have AWAY games today against FMS at 3:30PM. The team bus leaves JMS at 2:45PM.
• Cross Country
NO practice today
Practice today after school from 2:30-5PM. See Mrs. Impson if you have any questions.
• 6th Grade Boys' Basketball
Practice tonight from 5-8PM.
Jr Senators Dance Camp
Springfield High School Scarlet Line Dance Team is sponsoring a Jr. Senators Dance Camp.
WHEN: Friday, October 16th
WHERE: SHS gym
REGISTRATION: Annex Complex 3:30-4PM for Girls & Boys in grades K-8
COST: $35 per participant with checks made payable to SHS
For complete information, pick up a flyer from the Jaguar News.
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!