Friday, October 16, 2015
• OUTSIDE DAY FOR LUNCH BREAK EVERY DAY UNLESS THE WEATHER DOES NOT PERMIT •
Remember ~ your day is what you make it. Let's make it a good one!
Jacob C., Kashanti W., Elijah S., Alexander H., Andre F., Aaron F., Dominic H., & Anthony Y.!
Main Entree: Bacon Burger; Fish Sandwich; Chilli; Chef Salad
Monday's Breakfast: Pancakes on a Stick
1. Form 2 single file lines.
2. Girls sit on the left side of the cafeteria.
3. Boys sit on the right side of the cafeteria.
4. Fill up each table.
5. Admin will dismiss you by tables when it's time to throw away your trash & go outside.
6. Clean up after yourself & push in your chair.
• If you have a change of address or phone number, please notify Mrs. Frye in the Guidance Office.
• 6th grade students will line up in the morning outside of the cafeteria doors. 7th & 8th grade students will gather on the blacktop behind the school & enter through the blacktop doors.
• Do not leave your binders or books on the floor outside of your lockers or cafeteria. Anything left on the floor will be moved to the Lost & Found.
• Be extra quiet in the halls during lunch shifts.
• In the morning, get your supplies and go directly to your 1st period. Do not wait for your friends.
• Do not share your locker with anyone. Do not share your locker combination with anyone. Be sure to spin your lock after you close your locker. Do not leave the combination set.
• Jackets & hoodies may NOT be worn in the classroom.
• Food should NOT be brought into the classroom.
• All students are expected to carry their binder to all classes including those classes after lunch.
• NO selfie sticks allowed at school.
CELL PHONE POLICY
All student cell phones must be turned off and concealed during the school day or they will be taken by an administrator.
Way to go JMS ~ Our total donations amounted to $2493! Students alone donated $605. The grade level challenge came down to just a $4 difference with 8th grade coming out as the winners! Thank you for your support!
Picture Retake Day
Picture retake day will be November 5th. Listen for more information.
Don't forget that all IMSA t-shirt & sweatshirt order forms are due by Tuesday, October 20th. Please turn everything in to Ms. Wright or Mrs. Horstman.
There are still spots available in art club. If you're interested in joining, pick up an application from the Jaguar News in the main lobby.
There is a meeting after school on Monday, October 19th in Mrs. Goss-Rodgers' classroom. You will start working on the yearbook layout and discuss a few exciting things.
Scholastic Book Fair
Let's get excited because the Scholastic Book Fair will be at JMS from November 16-20. This year's theme is a monster theme but don't be afraid to start making out your wish lists right now.
You will also be able to visit the book fair during Family Reading Night on November 19 from 5:30-7:30PM.
More about the book fair in the coming weeks!
Students are encouraged to put their PE clothes in their gym lockers in the morning! The PE locker rooms will be open everyday.
Lost Keys/Lost Glasses
If anyone has lost keys or glasses, please check with Mrs. Collier in the main office.
Library Reading Poster Contest
All library reading poster submissions for the contest are due today. Get those entries turned in to Mrs. Groesch as soon as possible!
2016 8th Grade Washington, D.C. Trip
8th graders interested in going to Washington, D.C. ----> It's not too late to sign up for the trip! See Mr. Craner in room 117 for more information.
Also, pie forms & money are due to Mr. Craner in room 117 by Monday.
If you still have an overdue library book from last school year, please find it and return it to Mrs. Groesch. If you have lost the book, please pay your fine. In the future, you will not be allowed to attend any extracurricular after school events if you do not take care of your overdue library books.
Box Tops 4 Education
Way to go JMS! We earned $75 so far just by collecting Box Tops. Thank you to everyone who has turned in Box Tops. Your names will stay in the mix for future raffles. There will be another drawing in October so keep collecting those Box Tops!
JMS JAGUARS ~ You are STUDENTS first & ATHLETES second!
Please remember to follow all school rules & to show proper sportsmanship when attending a school sporting event. If you are removed from an event, whether at JMS or another school, you may be banned from attending any future extra-curricular events for the remainder of the school year.
• Girls' Basketball
**6th grade girls have games tomorrow at JMS against Washington Middle School beginning at 8AM.
**7th grade girls have practice today from 2:45-5PM & from noon-2PM tomorrow. These practices are for 7th grade only!
No practice today.
• 6th Grade Boys' Basketball
No games tomorrow — this is your bye week.
Jr Senators Dance Camp
Springfield High School Scarlet Line Dance Team is sponsoring a Jr. Senators Dance Camp.
WHEN: Friday, October 16th
WHERE: SHS gym
REGISTRATION: Annex Complex 3:30-4PM for Girls & Boys in grades K-8
COST: $35 per participant with checks made payable to SHS
For complete information, pick up a flyer from the Jaguar News.
Have a great day!
At JMS I will ....
to show my Jaguar PRIDE!